Text Color & Emoticons

For technical questions about the Forum or to report problems using the AbeForum. Suggestions are also welcome here.
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Text Color & Emoticons

Post by spiritualcookie »

Hi admin,

If it's possible it would be wonderful if the forum could have these additional technical things:

1.) Text Color: Have an easy way to add color to text in posts. At the moment it looks like we need to add it as BBcode which is a little cumbersome and not possible for less computer-literate users. Also, it would be great if the text box we compose our messages in showed the final format of the text rather than showing the behind-the-scenes BBcode.

2.) Smileys: Have more emoticons 🙂 The old forum had a bunch that were fun to use to add a bit more warmth or expressiveness to posts. ❤️

Thank you for all that you do! 🌸 :D
Ad
admin
Site Admin

Re: Text Color & Emoticons

Post by admin »

Hi there Spiritual cookie :)

Thank you for your suggestions, I am going to look into what I can do to improve those points :)
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

That would be great! Thanks admin! ^_^
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

oo I see you've added new emoticons! yay! :clap: :thumbup: :romance-grouphug: :wave:
and I see more settings in the text boxes to play with!
Thank you! :dance: :banana-dance: :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

spiritualcookie wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:44 pm oo I see you've added new emoticons! yay! :clap: :thumbup: :romance-grouphug: :wave:
and I see more settings in the text boxes to play with!
Thank you! :dance: :banana-dance: :D
You are welcome :occasion-xmas:

Edit:
spiritualcookie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:07 amAlso, it would be great if the text box we compose our messages in showed the final format of the text rather than showing the behind-the-scenes BBcode.
Sadly, that is not as easy to sort out as the forum is set up to be using BBCode primarly. However, I made it so it automatically shows a preview of how your post will look like while writing your post, instead of having to press the "Preview" button everytime. I think this should be good enough for now :)
FeelGood
Plus Member
Plus Member
United States of America

Post by FeelGood »

admin wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:18 pm Hi there Spiritual cookie :)

Thank you for your suggestions, I am going to look into what I can do to improve those points :)
Thankyou for the beautiful co-creation and now we have more fun emoticons :eusa-clap: :dance: :D
Seeing things to celebrate. Good Version, good version.
😎🎈🥰🎵💖💰 :flowdownstream: :goodjob: lemon
Ad
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

admin wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:39 pmHowever, I made it so it automatically shows a preview of how your post will look like while writing your post, instead of having to press the "Preview" button everytime. I think this should be good enough for now :)
I just wanted to make a quick update that I disabled this "preview" feature that automatically gives a preview of how your post will look like while writing it.
Personally, I find it more of an hindance than helping when I'm writing a long post with many quotes. And it's not so much work to just press the "Preview" button when you want to see how the post is going to look like before posting it. :) Feel free to give any feedback.
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Pressing "preview" feels a little better than the automatic option for me too : )
FeelGood
Plus Member
Plus Member
United States of America

Post by FeelGood »

spiritualcookie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:01 pm Pressing "preview" feels a little better than the automatic option for me too : )
same with me :D
Seeing things to celebrate. Good Version, good version.
😎🎈🥰🎵💖💰 :flowdownstream: :goodjob: lemon
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

I remembered in the old forum we had some emoticons with emoticons going downstream in a boat and another one with a rocket for rockets for desire - it was fun to have such Abe-specific emoticons :D
So I went on a little search for emoticons and found some more emoticons that may be fun to add to the forum:

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image -Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image -

Image Image

Image Image Image
smartass.gif
smartass.gif (1.12 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
yes.gif
yes.gif (1.28 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
console.gif
console.gif (5.34 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
If anyone finds the boat / canoe / downstream emoji or the rocket one please do share them here : )
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us