The ABC-Game, about Countries and their Food!

This new forum is created and a focus for those that want to participate with the study of Abraham-Hicks in their many books and processes.
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Re: The ABC-Game, about Countries and their Food!

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

spiritualcookie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm
Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm Wouldn't it be nice to sit here in a tavern with my beloved, drink a good wine, feel the warm air on my arms, feel the JOY of the people, and the peace of taking all the time in the world? Hearing the music and the joyful sound of human voices in a language I don't know, but I can feel their liveliness, and their care and their passion, and their goodness! I breathe deeply and look out onto the ocean, and take in the fading daylight, and the sunset, and the wide-ness of this world. It feels SO GOOD.
look at that starter
As you started describing Greece as if you were there - making it so visceral and easy to feel even for us readers - as I read your words and felt the beauty and delicious vibe of what you were describing - I got happy goosebumps and joyful tears in my eyes - so I think your rampage today has moved out of the fun & interesting intellectual zone, and hit the spiritual zone for me :in_love: Perhaps the secret is moving from the head to the heart :hearts:
Exactly, exactly!! :vortex:
I feel the same! :lol: SO MUCH more satisfying :D I'm glad it served you, too!! Aww, I still feel good! (So, the nagger within me was RIGHT! And the lovely wise friend was, too!! :in_love: :tee:

(the Portokalopita is in the oven... :drool: :romance-hearteyes:)
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

And now I have to, allegedly, wait 4 hours before I can cut it... :wtf:
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

oo how exciting!! I bet your kitchen is filled with such warm, sweet and delicious aromas right now! let us know it turned out when you taste it! :D
Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna »

Dear Paradise-on-Earth and SpiritualCookie,

Thank you for showing me that the upward momentum on this emotion scale never ends! You've goosed up my love and joy once again!

While I've been having so much fun in this really general place, playing prosperity games, and experiencing so much deliciousness from all the yummy cuisines, thanks to Paradise-on-Earth, I'm so glad to read your discussions and better understandad the distinction between interest and joy. I also appreciate witnessing the incredible love and humility that you shared with each other.

I love feeling that I'm soaking in this infinite ocean of love and peace. Thank you both! You're beautiful!!
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Pollyanna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm I love feeling that I'm soaking in this infinite ocean of love and peace. Thank you both! You're beautiful!!
Hi Pollyanna! I love your natural, easy appreciations! :wave: :hearts:
:dancing: :happy117: :rose: :balloons_wave:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

spiritualcookie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 pm oo how exciting!! I bet your kitchen is filled with such warm, sweet and delicious aromas right now! let us know it turned out when you taste it! :D
:lol: :grouphugs: it was!! And, we could NOT wait the whole 4 hrs.

It's awesome! Incredibly juicy and packed with flavor. I never before have baked in this way!

Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna »

Wow! It looks like a perfect combination of crispy outside and tender sweet inside. Yummy! 😋 What a beautiful dessert to share with your loved ones and celebrate the upcoming weekend!

Thank you for the kind words, Spiritual Cookie! I wish you both a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Pollyanna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:17 pm Dear Paradise-on-Earth and SpiritualCookie,

Thank you for showing me that the upward momentum on this emotion scale never ends! You've goosed up my love and joy once again!

While I've been having so much fun in this really general place, playing prosperity games, and experiencing so much deliciousness from all the yummy cuisines, thanks to Paradise-on-Earth, I'm so glad to read your discussions and better understandad the distinction between interest and joy. I also appreciate witnessing the incredible love and humility that you shared with each other.

I love feeling that I'm soaking in this infinite ocean of love and peace. Thank you both! You're beautiful!!
:in_love: :vortex-small: As cookie said- Wow, you are GOOD at rampaging! And :ta: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss:

It's strange, I totally missed your- and cookies interaction, when I posted my "piece of pie". I just see it, now. :think2:
Anyways, I am thrilled in how many ways something can be done. This "cake" is a mix of orange, eggs and joghurt, into which Fillo-dough gets crumbled. It was fun to destroy the fillo-leaves, while being normally soooo careful with those fragile, super-thin thingies... :lol: And all the sweetness and juice comes from syrup that gets poured over the hot cake, and that sizzles! :shock:

I LOVE how life leads us into totally new things!
I LOVE to rampage over "good old known things"- but I am thrilled to find NEW ones!
It does not matter WHERE we get our joy from... everything can shoot us into Paradise. :D

Life is so good! Good night, beautiful, special, love-filled ladies! :grouphugs: :happy117:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Pollyanna wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 pm Wow!
...As I LOVED- and basked in- your joyful rampage in the quote-section! :hearts:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

H, for Hungary.
:hearts: Images, like from a fairytale, for me! Budapest on the Danube, and the Balaton, called the Hungarian Sea. The wide open Puszta, with its daredevil-riders, that seemed to be born on horses and invincible. PAPRIKA... everywhere! My Grandparents met up with Omis sibling there often, and I listened to their stories afterwards, with wide open eyes... about the incredibly beautiful buildings (awesome beauty from the times of Art Deco and the Guilded Age...), the Gellert-bath, a palace for the people, around hot springs. The incredible patisserie- all around poppy and Marzipan, my favourites! :D Later, my Grannies cleaning lady, born and raised in Hungaria, told me more and more and more.

She told me how they all slept on straw-bags, instead of matresses, and that she loved it so much, that she insisted that her German husband would change her mattress into a plump, huge sack filled with fresh straw! She taught me- passionately, as you would expect of a Hungarian, how goulash is REALLY cooked, and that we can't buy real chili or good paprika in Germany- it must be from Hungary. She told me about the huge, wide, open land that seems to end nowhere, and how the forests of her childhood bloom in the summers, and smell like heaven. Later I learned that she talked about robinias, who indeed have a heavenly fragrance, and make up lots of the trees in Hungary. I KNEW, someday I would go there and look myself! It didn't happen, yet. But I dream, and I adore!

What people- certainly I, (until our cleaning lady informed me otherwise)- think about Hungary first, in regards to food, is "Gulyás" =goulash, (see above). But really, the true Hungarian one is a, relatively, thin soup. Not the hearty, thick stew that I had in mind! Which exists, and when it's with chicken, it gets called Paprikash" (see below):

Pörkölt comes with all sorts of meat and pork and venison- and the potatoes belong INTO the stew, cooked with all other, long and slowly, with MUCH of garlic, and all the spices! And when you REALLY want it good, add Sauerkraut into it, too! I still have the cleaning ladies voice in my ear, she was adamant, and certain, and LOVELY! :D :hearts:

Dödölle, dumplings, are a big thing in Hungary as well, made from fried dough, or from potato, and then best fried, afterwards, as well. With ONIONS, please!!

Streetfood is Langos, which is a deep fried flatbread. It comes with all sorts (sometimes, literally) of savory toppings-

...or sweet. :hearts: Which brings me to the sweet dreams of my childhood...

...the wonderful flat Palacsinta- what I described in Austria and Czech Republik already as Palatschinken or as German Pfannkuchen or Dutch Pannekoeken, and which are known and loved in whole Europe, called by the one or another name. They are CHILDS PARADISE. Ohhh!!! :hearts: :hearts:

Budapest, just 3 hr drive apart from Vienna, and connected through close regal bonds of the K.u.K Austrian-Hungarian Dynasty, enjoys it's café culture just as Vienna. There are incredibly beautyful Kávéház, and the most stunning one is probably Café New York in New York Palace-Hotel, above! Oh my, I dream of staying in this incredibly beautiful hotel and having my breakfasts in the Café- without any waiting-lines! I think I would just sit and bask... and maybe have abite of my Palacsinta or...

...of my Dobos-Torta. Orgasmic: Layers of chocolate buttercreme, and an extra topping of crispy Caramel! I can feel the delight dancing on my tongue! It is said, you could wander through whole Budapest and eat sweet delightful treats all day long. I yearn for the Marcipán =(Marzipan)- treats, as this cookie, below! Ohhh!

All over the place you can eat Rétes, strudel, filled with poppy and cherries and apples and nuts, sweet curd with raisins and even with sauerkraut. And I think that even better than those, it is to listen to a Hungarian, who speaks such a small word as Rétes- with such amazing emotional, rolling pronunciation, that whole worlds of passion come up in your mind while you listen. :D