Parent to a strong independent 2 year old

Discuss how you are using the Abraham-Hicks materials and teachings in your life. Your primary source of information on the Teachings should be the Abraham-Hicks materials: www.Abraham-Hicks.com -- there is a wealth of information made available there by Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham. Read the guidelines BEFORE posting. Ask yourself how your post feels before hitting "send". This Forum is not an official part of, nor owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.
Hagelskjær

Parent to a strong independent 2 year old

Post by Hagelskjær »

Dear all

I know it is a gift when our children listen to their own guidance system and not conform to others needs.

But I would love if it was easier to get my 2 year old to take of her dirty night diaper or get in the car.

What do you think Abraham would say about the dirty night diaper? Should I just let her go to kindergarten with a dirty diaper and no pants, because that is what her guidance system tells her? It just feels wrong to me but it also feels wrong to demand her to take it off.

Thank you a lot for your advice
Best regards Carina
Ad
Vibro

Re: Parent to a strong independent 2 year old

Post by Vibro »

Following the path of least resistance is the key.
AngelHippie

Post by AngelHippie »

At 2 years old i personally would change the diaper, as i wouldnt want the school to accuse me of neglect. But that may just be me. I would probably do something like ask her to pretend change a diaper on a doll, so she can be "nice and fresh for the day" and see if my 2 year old followed suit.
JadedJester

Post by JadedJester »

I don't have kids, but I have an instinct to reply here. There must be something about having the diaper off that makes Miss 2 feel uncomfortable. Is it being exposed to the cold air? Maybe you could get her changed in a cozy little tent where its warmer. Is it being away from her fun toys? Maybe offer her a specific fun toy for change time. Find out her path of least resistance.

And be sure to align with your own wellbeing too. If you go into change time with dread, Miss 2 will surely reflect that back at you! So if you can have positive feeling about how nice a clean bub is, how you appreciate the invention of diapers, how glad that your baby can digest food, then things could become easier :)
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us