Quotes on Taking Action & Inspired Action

Introducing the Abe Quotation sub-forum We've been noticing more and more members enjoying and sharing Abraham's words of wisdom in many different forms. The momentum of such generous sharing has caught our attention so we've created a place here on the forum to assemble such gems "under one roof," so to speak.
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Re: Quotes on Taking Action & Inspired Action

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

Trying to introduce stuff to those that aren't ready
causes the wobble!

Abraham Hicks
Ad
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

He wants more muscles, and less effort in getting them!
Use the Power of your Desire:
Molding your own body

HS:
I guess my question that I've had is... I've been, I think, for the longest time, I have not been happy with my physical body. My physical body is perfectly healthy, there's nothing wrong with it! It runs fine. But I'm not happy with how it looks. A lot of times it's been with weight, and you know, a lot of times I felt kind of scrawny, and and so I've gone... I've lifted weights and I've done the action journey. And I've gone to really... I've gone to really try to make things happen. Really work really hard, to put on the muscle. And you know, bulk myself up, and I've been somewhat successful with that. But yet, you know... the whole time I'm doing it, I'm feeling that, you know... "I'm still weak. I'm still weak."

And I guess it's finally occurred to me, after listening to a lot of what you've had to say, that the reason I've had so much trouble is- I've been fighting it. Instead of- I guess, maybe taking part of the action journey, and lifting the weights, but at the same time thinking: "I'm strong!" I've been thinking "I'm weak, I'm weak, I'm weak, I'm weak!" and so, you know... I've had this idea that I can't look the way I want to look... you know, people have said "oh, your body frame won't support the way you want to look! You can't have this. You can't have that. And I've listened to them, which I think has been my biggest mistake! And so I guess, what my question is, is that:

-Can I actually transform into the body that I want?
If I can get myself into alignment- so even though I'm physically, you know, healthy- so it's not really like curing any kind of diseases. But it's actually just transforming the body into a shape that I would be very happy with?

Abe:
Well, YES you can get to there, certainly!
And you- everything that you've said has come from a very wise place of understanding. There's not a lot that we can add to what you have already concluded, which is absolutely accurate. We'll emphasize it a little bit here, that when you say "I want this thing, that I do not have"- you are asking the stream to go, AND bucking it at the same time.

When you say "I want something that is impossible!" the split energy keeps you from being able to accomplish it. So when your mind is splitting energy, it does not matter what action you perform!

The action doesn't have a much enough leverage in it to overcome the split energy! So much so, that we'd like to make extreme statements and say things like:

A person who believes that a twinkie is unhealthy, should not eat a twinkie.
But if you understand (...) we would rather, that you eat a twinkie in joy, than that you... it's actually better for the overall physical condition, then that you eat food that you believe is healthy food in protest. Because split energy has so much power in it, you see! And so, imagine how much you can accomplish...! In other words, you have a very clearly focused, very well-managed desire. In other words, we can feel the clarity of this desire!

But you have a nearly equally focused doubt about your desire.
And that's what makes it all feel hard.
And that's why you're not taking pleasure in the action!
And it's also why you're not getting the kind of results that you would get,
if you could get your energy all moving in the same direction.

HS:
It seems that, you know I've gotten some results. But I feel like I could have gotten even more, with a lot less effort, had I let go of the resistance.

Abe:
Well, what happens is- when you begin going with the flow, the effort becomes less of a factor.

In other words, Jerry and Esther were driving down a freeway the other night, and they noticed that there were some new barricades that had been built, in order to prevent people from crossing into the head-on traffic, and having head-on collisions. And Esther noted, that if a car were to lose control and bounce over against this series of wires that they'd placed, that the car would bounce back into this traffic. And Jerry pointed out, that since this traffic is already moving in the same direction, that even though the car is out of control- it entering traffic, that's moving in the same general direction that it is, is much less of a problem, than if it entered the the flow of traffic that was coming from the other direction.

And Esther said: "There's something in that, that Abraham needs to tell us about resistance! In other words, when the energy stream, when the stream of life, when the stream of desire is calling you this way, and you sort of kind of go, but not really- it's better than if you're going in opposition to it. But if you sort of kind of go, and you relax more, so that you really begin to go- until you finally let yourself... you stop dragging your feet in the water! You stop dragging your oars in the water. You stop dragging all of your things of resistance in the water. And you pull yourself, and you just really let yourself go with the flow... the more you're able to do that, the more you refine your thinking, then the better it all is!

So, certainly you are better off if you have a desire for a change in your body condition, and you are making some effort to accomplish it. You're better off in making that effort, than in making no effort. But what you are recognizing is: It ought to be easier for me, than it is. And certainly, when somebody tells you: "Oh, you can't have what you want!" -and you listen to them, as if they have some sort of credibility, then that's more than just dragging your oars in the water! That's when you suddenly turn around and start paddling in the opposite direction! And, you can feel,

-you can feel the intensity of really going with the flow: That's what passion is!
-Sort of going with the flow- that's what optimism is or hope is.
-Hardly going with a flow that's what hesitation and reluctance is.
-Not going with the flow- that's what doubt is and worry is.
-Really not going with the flow- that in fact, paddling in the opposite direction: that's what anger is.
-Really really not going with the flow... in other words you can you can feel the intensity of how you're placed in the stream by the way you feel!

The thing we always want to point out, and we've done it several times here today, but it really is something that we want you to hear, and really think about the combination of the pointed desire and the pointed belief, in relationship to the desire is, what equals what you feel. So there are a lot of people that could actually be getting better results than you are getting, who care even less about the body that they want. And that's what's bugging you! (HS: Yah, yah! Yah!!) But when you take all the information, and figure out what all of these pieces to the equation equal, you understand that somebody who doesn't want as much as you do, that has no resistance, is getting a lot better results- than somebody who wants as poignantly as you do, and has resistance.

Doesn't that explain a lot? Doesn't that explain why so many people seem to be thriving, who don't deserve it? Because, you think that their deservability is tied to their effort!
And we're wanting you to know that no deservability is tied to effort your you all deserve to have everything that life has caused you to want

But unfortunately, something that happens to everybody is, that it seems that the more you want something, the more you work against yourself. Because the harder you try and the more you see it is an ORDEAL that you must dig in and conquer, and triumph, over. And there's something about that conquering, digging in and triumphing over, that has you pointed upstream. That works really hard against you!

So, when somebody says to you: "Your whatever does not support the desire that you hold!" say to them:
"I know you mean well. Even though you're breaking my heart with your words! I know you may be well-meaning, but you, Sir, are misinformed. Because I now understand that, if this time-space-reality has the wherewithal to inspire a desire within me, that this time-space-reality has the wherewithal to deliver it to me.

So, if I can want it, I CAN achieve it. And I can achieve it easier, by not listening to your words, than if I listen to your words. So, I won't be asking for your commentary anymore. Because your commentary takes me upstream, which is counter to what I want."

It's interesting, because even in the building of a muscle, there is this human expectation of resistance! In other words, the trainers will tell you, that in order to get that muscle, you have to badger it into. And we say: But think about what's happening, in all of that, that you're calling resistance; is the focusing of the desire for the achievement of something.

And you got to give some of the credit to the power of the desire, you see!

So what we wish for you is a discovery of a training, that you will take pleasure in.
And it is our wish that you discover the enormous leverage in thought!

And we promise you, that if you keep this dream alive, and it's a powerful dream, that is very alive! -If you don't squelch it with contradictory thought, so you just continue to want as you are wanting, relative to this, and you find more downstream thoughts about it, you will begin to notice immediately physical responses to this powerful desire.

And there will come a time that you will be inspired to tell others what you figured out about this,

because the majority of the world- relative to physical fitness, and relative to physical well-being, is going about it in such a contradictive way, that they are well in spite of themselves literally. Literally!

from the clip How can I change my physical appearance using the Law of Attraction? | ABRAHAM HICKS

Outtake:

Even in the building of a muscle, there is this human expectation of resistance! In other words, the trainers will tell you, that in order to get that muscle, you have to badger it into. And we say: But think about what's happening, in all of that, that you're calling resistance; is the focusing of the desire for the achievement of something.

And you got to give some of the credit to the power of the desire, you see!

So what we wish for you is a discovery of a training, that you will take pleasure in.
And it is our wish that you discover the enormous leverage in thought!

And we promise you, that if you keep this dream alive, and it's a powerful dream, that is very alive! -If you don't squelch it with contradictory thought, so you just continue to want as you are wanting, relative to this, and you find more downstream thoughts about it, you will begin to notice immediately physical responses to this powerful desire.

And there will come a time that you will be inspired to tell others what you figured out about this,

because the majority of the world- relative to physical fitness, and relative to physical well-being, is going about it in such a contradictive way, that they are well in spite of themselves literally. Literally!

from the clip How can I change my physical appearance using the Law of Attraction? | ABRAHAM HICKS
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Waiting to take action when you're vibrationally ready is not laziness

Many people will say, "Abraham you teach laziness."
We say, "Not at all, we teach doing it in the way which is powerful."

- Abraham
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

What is Appreciation? And how do you get there?

HS:
Now the question I have is - Appreciation. You've used the word a lot and other people have used it. But what is it, really? Because I - I did read the definition and it was something about "to see the nature of-", or to "increase the value of-", and I use appreciation a lot to turn downstream. And I just wondered if you would expand on that?

Abe:
Well we are glad you looked it up! In the very literal sense, because to "increase the value of" is so inherent in what we're talking about, also! Now think about the contrast that you live, and the asking that you're offering, and the stream, that's moving. And then think about reaching for thoughts that feel better, and thoughts that feel better, until you truly come into a vibration of appreciation! And for sake of comparison, we would say the vibration of true love -that feeling of being in love, that feeling that you have sometimes, when you see someone and you just feel like you're moving through one another. The feeling that you have when you are looking at the innocence of a child, and feeling the beauty and power of that child.

In other words, love and appreciation are identical vibrations.
It's the vibration of alignment with who you are.
It's the absence of resistance.

It's the absence of doubt and fear.
It's the absence of self denial or hatred to others.
It's the absence of everything that feels bad, and the presence of everything that feels good!

And as you focus yourself more and more downstream, until you get in the vicinity of that love and appreciation- it just calls you to it, in a very powerful way. Conversely, let's talk about the difference between, let's say, gratitude and appreciation! Many people use them interchangeably. But we don't feel the same vibrational essence in them at all!

Because when you feel gratitude, often you are looking at a struggle that you've overcome, and feeling grateful. In other words happy that you're not still in the struggle, but you are still messing with that vibration just a little bit in that, you see.

In other words, the difference between inspiration which is being called to who you are, and motivation which is trying to make yourself go somewhere- that's a similar difference, you see!

And so, appreciation is that tuned-in, tapped-in, turned-on.
Appreciation is vibrational alignment with who I have become.
The state of appreciation is me, being in sync with the whole of that which I am!
Being in a state of appreciation is seeing whatever I'm looking at, through the eyes of Source.
And when you are in that state of appreciation you could walk down a crowded street with all kinds of things, that a lot of other people find reason to criticize or even worry about, and you would not have access to them, because your vibration of appreciation is picking out for you things of a different vibrational nature.

A state of appreciation is a state of godliness.
A state of appreciation is being who you really are.
A state of appreciation is who you were, the day you were born, and who you will be the moment you die.
And it would be if we were standing in your physical shoes, your quest in every moment.

But the tricky thing is -Joseph Campbell used the word bliss, and we think it's equal. Follow your bliss! Sometimes you can't get a whiff of bliss from where you are.
So we say, if you're in despair follow your revenge it's downstream.
If you're in revenge, follow your hatred- it's downstream!
If you're in hatred, follow your anger, it's downstream.
If you're in anger, follow your frustration! It's downstream.
If you're in frustration, follow your hope: It's downstream.
If you're in hope, now you're in the vicinity of appreciation!

Once you get into the vibration of hope, now begin making lists of things that you feel good about, and fill your notebooks full of them.
Make lists of positive aspects.
Make lists of things you love.
Go to the restaurant and look for you favorite things, and never complain about anything.
Look for the thing that you like the best, even if there was only one thing in all of it that you like- give it your undivided attention. and use it as your excuse to be who you are. Use it as your excuse to be who you are!

And as you use those things, that shine bright and make you feel good as your excuse to give your attention, and as your excuse to be who you are- you'll tune to who you are. And the whole world will begin to transform before your eyes. It's not your job to transform it for others! But it is your job to transform it for you.

We have enjoyed this interaction immensely. It is lovely to come together with those like you who are coming to know who you are! We are appreciating that which you are! And as we see you through our eyes of Source, we have to say to you: you have nothing to complain about, but there is nothing wrong with your complaining. Because, in your complaining you just launch more rockets! And you just make more vibrational escrow.

You just make the world a better and better place by living in it!
So you can't get it wrong and you never get it done.

And from our vantage point we feel only love and appreciation for your willingness to come and participate, and to take thought beyond that which it has been before. Not just in this forum, but in life itself. You know you can't get it wrong, and when you have your croaking experience you will then realize fully the value that you have offered to All-That-Is! And you will revel in it, and you will feel good about it. It is our desire, that you start feeling some of that now!

It is our desire that you start giving yourselves a break. Lighten up! Be easier on yourself and others. Look for things to love and appreciate, and find the true you, that came forth to live this life experience. There is great love here for you!
-And as always we remain blissfully, joyfully, appreciatively... incomplete.

from the official youtube clip APPRECIATION VS. GRATITUDE - Esther & Jerry Hicks
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Most physical beings go about life backwards.
They say, "What should I do, what should I do?"
Everything that you consider, "I don't know what to DO."
We hear it every day. "I don't know what to DO."

And we say, if you don't know what to do, action is not in order!

The fact that you are not know what to do means:
"Stand still, don't do [anything]."

[Do the energetic work of thinking of what you WANT,
why you want it. What life would be like when you have what you want...
Visualize and do energy work lining up with that].

When you are inspired to action, that is the time to move.

Otherwise your action is absolutely counter-productive.
Because it is not your action that is making it happen anyway, it is your intent.

It is the oozing to the Universe that is making it happen. (...)

And so we say, go on vacation. Get yourself in a place of feeling good. Bring yourself to a point of feeling good. That is the giant pivot in the sky.

And when you begin to feel good, then good things begin to come to you.
Then and only then can you be inspired to the action that will please and satisfy you, you see.

Fighting it out... is certainly not the answer.

- Abraham
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Taking Action from Outside the Vortex can lead to Pain

[Human beings have] philosophies such as
"If you want to make something of yourself you must work very hard." and
"Those who don't work don't get". and
"Without pain there is no gain."

(...)

Now what we want to help you understand (...)
any time you are hurting, you are miscreating.
Any time you are feeling pain, your magnetic point of attraction is attracting all sorts of things that you do not want into your experience.

- Abraham
Ad
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Abraham: No Gain In Pain

(Explanation of "the Stream", "going with the Flow", "Trying hard", "upstream" and "downstream")

So there is a vibrational version of you, that is preceding you.
Even now, where you are IN this physical body- just like that vibrational version of you preceded you BEFORE you came into this physical body. And when this leading edge genius creative physical You explores contrast, and gives birth to a new desire, that the non-physical part of you rides that rocket, and becomes it. That's what that feeling of excitement or expectation is.

When you feel that joyous positive motion, that means that you are within the vibrational vicinity of this powerful attraction. And the sensation to you is, that it's like a powerful river, that is moving downstream. And if you even stick your toe in it, the river will sweep you with its current toward what you are wanting. And when you understand that, everything that you want is within that current, and it is moving downstream, and you begin to relax and allow yourself to go with that steady flow- everything that you want will begin showing up in your experience!

We see so many of you. You take your raft or your boat down to the river's edge, and you get into the raft and almost without exception you turn it upstream and begin paddling very hard. We know. It is illogical, isn't it? And we say: why not go with the flow? And our human friends think about it briefly and then say: "That just seems lazy. The people who try hard - Look at them all. Look how hard they try! And those are the ones who are rewarded. I learned it when I was little:

The harder you try, the better things will go for you, and there is no gain without pain. -I was told that over and over and over again, and since I want gain, then I want pain. So get out of my way and let me paddle! Look how strong I am becoming!" -And then they point out to us all the other strong ones, that are virtuous and valiant and paddling upstream, too. And we listen politely. Because,

We have seen the big picture, and we know who you are, and we know why you came and we know that everything that you want is downstream and that nothing that you want is upstream.

Without knowing it, most of our human friends have picked up very upstream habits.
You've been trained by others who've been paddling upstream very hard, and The Art of Allowing is about letting go of those oars!
-And it's easy to let go of the oars when you know that everything that you want, is downstream.
-And when you know that the Source Energy within you is down there, tending what you are wanting.
-But when you believe that you have to work hard, when you believe that struggle is inherent in achieving- then, while we will admit that you can move some physical things around, we have to say to you, that

Creation through action is mediocre at best, in terms of the results it brings to you! And that
Creation through alignment of energy is where all of the masters and all of those that you revere have found their place.

You can not be a magnificent creator without alignment to the energy of the power that creates worlds.

And when you hold yourself apart from it, you know it. You feel rotten. And when you find yourself aligning to it ,you feel wonderful! Isn't it nice that you were born with a guidance system, that lets you easily know, from wherever you stand, if the thought you are choosing to say, right now -if the thought you are thinking if the words you are speaking -you can tell by the way you feel, if it's upstream in nature or downstream in nature.

The way you are feeling right now won’t tell you the best thought you've ever thought!
It will only tell you the directional choice of your thoughts. It will let you know if you're going toward what you want, or away from what you want. Toward who you really are or away from who you really are.

Jerry and Esther went whitewater rafting, and it was such a fun day. And as they put their boat in the water -there were a lot of them that went. Six of them went together, and several other rafts, full of high school wrestlers. And as they put their boat in the water, not one of them even thought about turning the raft upstream! They knew that fast moving river was going to have its way with them. Nobody even thought about paddling upstream.

And the river guide said to them: "First thing, friends: This is not Disney Land. We can not turn this river off."

And this is the thing that we most want to say to you: We can not turn this river off! Further, you're the one who made the river go so fast! You hit the ground running when you were born. You had so much intention. And all day every day, you're sifting through that data of life, and asking asking asking asking asking.
-You're the reason the river's moving fast!
-And you're the reason that you're going with it, or not.
-You have total control in all of this, and nothing that you are doing has anything to do with anybody else or anybody else's river.

In other words, stay out of their boat. And don't invite them in your boat! In other words, the only awareness that you need to have -if you want to utilize the guidance system that you were born with, is: you want to know one thing and one thing only, moment by moment, thought by thought. Is this upstream or downstream? -And then the next statement is: How can I make it more downstream? How can I turn this thought and this feeling more downstream? What could I do to soften the resistance? What could I do to release the resistance a little more?

-And trying harder is the wrong answer. Trying harder makes the resistance more!
It's letting go of the oars that makes it less.
It's trusting the process.
It's trusting The Stream.

This is such an important message, that a while back, we wrote a book and we gave it the best title of any book that's ever been written: "Ask, and It Is Given." And we just explained to you, how that is so. Life causes you to ask, and Source not only gives it to you. Source literally becomes the vibrational essence of that which you are asking for, and stands in such complete alignment with the ever-expanding version of you, and offers a signal unto the Universe, that Law of Attraction is responding to.

Which creates the sensation within you of a current, that is indescribable. And when you allow yourself to move in the direction of that current, you feel wonderful and when you don't... you don't.

We have enjoyed this interaction immensely. There is great love here for you! And as always, we remain incomplete.

from the official Abraham Hicks- youtube channel, "Abraham: NO GAIN IN PAIN - Esther & Jerry Hicks"
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

What's the difference between Inspiration and Motivation?

You can look at this in two different ways:

1.) If I do such and such, these good things will happen , or
2.) If I don't do such and such, these bad things will happen.

The first INSPIRED you to action from a positive place.
The second MOTIVATES you to action from a negative place.

- Abraham
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Nothing is worth any struggle.
If there is struggle involved, there is resistance involved.

Abraham Hicks
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us