My Diary

This new forum is created and a focus for those that want to participate with the study of Abraham-Hicks in their many books and processes.
abrahammer117
Ireland

Re: My Diary

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 26 / 90: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
No computer games, no news, no football, no YouTube at all, no eating between breakfast and evening meal, no work email out of work.
Only 2 deliberate work email checks a day (and be aware if this actually causes any issues at all)
Take Sunday+Monday off work.
Day 3: Cold shower first thing after waking, 10 rounds Wim Hof mood regulation breathing, Ab Hicks abundance meditation

There's something in the financial abundance chapter along the lines of ' stop beating yourself up, stop measuring your progress and stop trying your impossible attempt at control; Whenever you catch yourself doing any of these things remind yourself that you're taking care of everything that needs to be taken care of in your daily meditation session'

This really hits home and is very true for me. The better I feel the more I can believe in this. As I gradually feel better I can see more and more the evidence coming to me that being relaxed works and trying hard really doesn't.

I'm loving the Wim Hof mood regulation breathing, it's 10 deep breathes followed by a 20 second breath hold with full lungs. And 10 rounds of that. There are moments in the breath holds sometimes where it's like it really wipes your mind clean for a moment and you have experience a short period of elation and feeling powerful. Gonna try doing this before I do the abundance meditation tomorrow

Also, very glad that I'm now nearly 4 weeks into not looking at news online or on TV. So all these riots simply aren't affecting me at all! Even though I here about them face to face with people
Ad
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 28 / 90: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
  • No computer games, no news, no football, no YouTube at all, no eating between breakfast and evening meal, no work email out of work.
    Only 2 deliberate work email checks a day (and be aware if this actually causes any issues at all)
Day 5: Cold shower first thing after waking, 10 rounds Wim Hof mood regulation breathing, Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Reminder: Look for excuses to laugh and have fun
Reminder: The goal I'm after is feeling more confident and well and happy and relaxed.... not making things happen
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 30 / 90: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
  • No computer games, no news, no football, no YouTube at all, no eating between breakfast and evening meal, no work email out of work.
Day 7: Cold shower first thing after waking, 10 rounds Wim Hof mood regulation breathing, Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Day 1: at least 3 x 15 minute meditations a day with intention of quieting my mind. Listening to sounds
Reminder: Look for excuses to laugh and have fun
Reminder: Keep ' quiet mind practice' as my base practice

Average mood still creeping up. Some flashes of genuine confidence and excitement. Feeling easier to shake off negative thoughts
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 32 / ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
Day 9: Cold shower first thing after waking, Ab Hicks abundance meditation and some Wim Hof breathing
Day 1: At least one page positive aspects each morning. Pick the easiest things I can to write about

I'm enjoying feeling very stable in my daily habits. That I'm doing enough to ensure I keep moving forward and not overdoing anything at all so there's now backlash.
I had fun writing some positive aspects in a coffee shop this morning. I'll reiterate that I always treated positive aspects like work, often picking things that are tricky and in effect, trying to drag up my point of attraction. After re-reading the instructions, I do what it says and pick things in my life that are the easiest to feel good about. Even that takes a while to come up with something, and it feels good when something pops up and I know it feels easy to write about
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 39 / ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
Day 16: Cold shower first thing after waking, Ab Hicks abundance meditation and some Wim Hof breathing

It's 19th of August and it's still holding try that my average mood is still creeping up. There's a huge weight off my mind and it's getting easier to find fu in everyday things. On Saturday we had our best day in the business so far this year. The night before I sorted an emergency printing order that I knew they'd pay on Saturday, so I started Saturday already feeling like it was a good day financially, and it just seemed to attract all sorts of other good stuff that day. My favourite Hicks book is 'getting into the vortex' and I love how the better I feel, the more fun it is to read
Tara

Post by Tara »

I feel like football can be fun 🤩

Hope you are leaving some time for inspired fun ! 😊

I have a challenge not to watch TV/movies unless it’s time shared with someone else… so good to have more free time…
Ad
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Tara wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:27 pm I feel like football can be fun 🤩

Hope you are leaving some time for inspired fun ! 😊

I have a challenge not to watch TV/movies unless it’s time shared with someone else… so good to have more free time…
excellent point --- having fun isn't one of my strengths but getting better :)
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 42 / ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
No computer games, no news, no football, no YouTube at all, no eating between breakfast and evening meal, no work email out of work.
Day 18: Cold shower first thing after waking, Ab Hicks abundance meditation and some Wim Hof breathing
Day 1: No lying down after getting up

Funny how life works out! I didn't get a weekend off last week as I had a big printing order (which is great) that needed working on.
My shop has to open this Sunday for random reasons and the week after I need to visit my mother in law lol

Anyhoo! Overall average vibe definitely still creeping up. Adding a new rule after this morning - noticed how much of a difference there is between chilling on my sofa in the morning in a seated positing or half lying down. If I lie down, it just seems to draw me into daydreams - it's pleasurable but emotionally pulls me down. I keep pretending it doesn't but it does!
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 44 / ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
Day 20: Cold shower first thing after waking, Ab Hicks abundance meditation and some Wim Hof breathing
Day 3: No lying down after getting up
Reminder: Talking out-loud to myself is bizarrely helpful. Does attract attention though :)

As I feel gradually better and better on average, I'm noticing I'm much much better at allowing things to be gradual. You could rephrase that to 'the more I allow things to be gradual the better I feel' or go further ' the more I allow the better I feel '

Been reading the first Hicks Book (I think). I've not ready it much at all before but the third law really hitting home right now - 'Art of Allowing: I am which I am and I allow all others to be as they are'. My gf chastised herself for a moment yesterday after spilling some water - I noticed the tension when I wanted to 'help' and then realised I'm not allowing her to be as she is. When that statement popped into my mind I felt immediate relief, and she even thanked me later for helping her chill out about. Which probs wouldn't have happened if I attempted a 'fix'
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 45/ ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
No computer games, no news, no following football, no YouTube at all, no eating between breakfast and evening meal, no work email out of work.
Day 21: Cold shower first thing after waking, Ab Hicks abundance meditation and some Wim Hof breathing
Reminder: Talking out-loud to myself is bizarrely helpful. Does attract attention though :)

Average mood creeping up still as it has all year. Noticing that I'm starting to feel excited about jogging again. This has evolved again slowly after I stopped trying hard at it. A few weeks ago I started experimenting with 'how much can I jog every day without any build up of soreness at all' , turns out it was way way less than I thought it would be which explains why all my past jogging had ended up going bad. After 4 weeks of doing a little every day and taking some days off when needed, and increasing the distance a tiny bit each week, I've started getting a real buzz from it. I adore how I feel a little bit more confident about life after a jog than before it.- even though it's less than a third of a mile lol
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us