The Cane Story About Making Peace

Here you can share posts that are preserved from the old forum
book
Laos

The Cane Story About Making Peace

Post by book »

Hey guys! I have a bunch of quotes /posts saved from the old forum in different word files, and I know that the cane story was appreciated by a lot of people. I have the original comment so I thought I'd post it here:
I believe it is on the LA 2006 DVD - someone correct me if I'm wrong - but Abe talks to a woman who has a physical disability that requires her to carry a cane. (She starts off on the hotseat with the question of "What if depression feels better than rage?" if anyone wants to hear it.) I gonna paraphrase some of this from my perception.

She starts off with saying that she’s been doing this awhile and does the Abe processes and she even does other processes and she still isn't where she wants to be. Abe asks her to ramble a bit about where she IS. (Note: they don't say "beat the drum of it", they say "ramble about it".) She begins by saying reiterating that she does this prayer and that she tries to see herself healthy and she’s “trying really hard” (sound familiar?) AND that some floors look slippery and she freezes up and it’s really scary and her legs get wobbly. Abe listens intently and asks, "So what do you do then? Do you say this prayer?" And she replies with, "I do EFT and use the statement I deeply and completely love myself.

Then they reply, “Well, that’s a pretty big jump, isn’t it. It’s a pretty big jump. From I think I’m gonna fall down to I’m amazing”. Abe says it’s not a bad thing though, because now she knows what she doesn’t want and she knows what she does want and then they ask her to make her way up…And she starts off in the middle, because well, she knows this stuff and she knows the middle, and she starts with, “what seems easiest is to remember what I used to feel like before” and they interrupt with, “Well, WE would start here…..and they start with, “I appreciate this cane.” They drag her back to the beginning of “what-is” and start with acknowledging her reality. They don’t tell her to ignore her reality and tell a new story. They basically take her reality and write a new story with it. Do you see the difference? There’s a world of difference between telling a new story and taking the story line you’ve got and writing a new story with it.

Abe knows when they speak to her that when she sees a marble floor, she doesn’t feel stable without her cane. Period, the end. They know she can’t start with “I’m amazing” and get a single change in her physical reality. In fact, if she tries, she’ll be carrying that cane around the rest of her physical life. They know this so much that they start with, “I appreciate this cane” and roll right on up to “This is a great time to be disabled”.

Now how does this tie in to money? Well, if you’ve got $4.10 in your checking account and you’re doing a rampage of appreciation for winning the lottery and checks that aren’t in the mail, you’re not even close. That’s a pretty big jump, you see. Emotionally, it’s the exact same jump as “I think I’m gonna fall down to I’m amazing”. Because, let’s face it……very, very, very (maybe a saint or two) few people can get the emotional purity of “winning the lottery” when they’re looking at $4.10. That’s why it’s the bouncing off place. When you get REAL about where you are….and as Abe says, “If you don’t know, just look around at your evidence”….then you’ve got somewhere to go. Getting real about how you feel about it gives the Universe something to work with. You begin to be a cooperative component, instead of resisting your physical reality and in doing so, your physical reality will begin to change.

I’ve had people ask me how I became wealthy and well, the short answer is: I decided that I was going to be poor. For many years, I had a poverty reality. It really was terrible, to the point of living in a shack of a mobile home with holes in the floor and a car that required hood-lifting and tinkering to start. I resisted this reality with almost every fiber of my being. I wanted to be wealthy, but nothing in my physical reality was even a whiff of wealthy despite all the affirmations and visualizations and rampages. I didn’t get it and I was feeling pretty resentful of people who did. So, I gave up……I decided that I was going to be poor the rest of my life and I’d just have to deal with it. Actually, I do remember getting all dramatic about it and declaring that God must have decided that this was my lifetime to live as the poorest person on earth. I was tired of trying so hard. I decided that I would accept my “poorness”, I got ok with it. Within thirty days, the Universe delivered in abundance and I’ve never been back down the poverty reality road again. It literally rearranged itself and events and circumstances boomed together and I moved from that shack of mobile home.

Am I grateful for what I have today? Absolutely! Today I’m living the vibrational escrow of that poverty stricken 28 year-old that would not have believed it was possible. But, I didn’t leave that mobile home being grateful and appreciating the new condo I live in today. I left it appreciating the holes in the floor. That was *my* bouncing off place.
I found the tape where this conversation happens, and these are the exact words Abraham gives to the woman to help her to make peace with her situation:
I am so appreciative of this cane because it gives me the ability to feel secure wherever I go. I am appreciating it because, it is, for me, this temporary balancing tool that allows me to get out and be more of who I really am, while I am in the process or regaining my complete recovery. I am so appreciative that in this day and age there are so many environments which have been specifically maintained to allow people like me to get around comfortably and easily. This really is a good time to be. Most things are safe, most things are low. If you're gonna be disabled, this really is a good time to be disabled. And I'm not even minding so much my temporary disabledness. I am so looking forward to being able to let go of this cane altogether. And I am appreciating that on many surfaces I have already done that. In fact, often I find myself walking around without my cane and not even missing it at all, not even thinking about it. And it's only under extreme conditions that I reach for it and then I'm glad that it's available. I'm really happy at the stability that is beginning to be so apparent to me. It is clear to me, that I am on the mend. I see no reason at all that I should not achieve full recovery.

Now as you are feeling appreciation about your walking apparatus, you're feeling hopeful about things improving, you are really getting closer so that you can hear what source is saying about you. And source is saying: you have achieved a magnificent body and there is a great body available to you, even better than you know, because of the rockets you have launched. And it is going to be really fun to watch it unfold and for that I'm grateful. I feel appreciation in knowing that life is supposed to be good. It's fun to watch my body respond to my thoughts. I like having this physical body that is so responsive to the thoughts of my mind.
Ad
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Re: The Cane Story About Making Peace

Post by spiritualcookie »

This is great! Thank you for sharing! :vortex:
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Re: The Cane Story About Making Peace

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

book wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:50 pm When you get REAL about where you are….and as Abe says, “If you don’t know, just look around at your evidence”….then you’ve got somewhere to go. Getting real about how you feel about it gives the Universe something to work with. You begin to be a cooperative component, instead of resisting your physical reality and in doing so, your physical reality will begin to change.

"Today I’m living the vibrational escrow of that poverty stricken 28 year-old that would not have believed it was possible. But, I didn’t leave that mobile home being grateful and appreciating the new condo I live in today.
I left it appreciating the holes in the floor. That was *my* bouncing off place."

...This is so big. LETTING GO OF THE RESISTANCE against "where you are"!!

-It had touched me very much, when she shared her story on the old Forum! Thank you a ton for bringing it here! :hearts:
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us