Navigating high negative momentum

Discuss how you are using the Abraham-Hicks materials and teachings in your life. Your primary source of information on the Teachings should be the Abraham-Hicks materials: www.Abraham-Hicks.com -- there is a wealth of information made available there by Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham. Read the guidelines BEFORE posting. Ask yourself how your post feels before hitting "send". This Forum is not an official part of, nor owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Re: Navigating high negative momentum

Post by spiritualcookie »

pointing out how hard or even impossible this stuff is, will not change it one bit.
absolutely! :hearts:
A shift in focus must be done for anything to change.
Ad
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

Reflecting on this, there is actually a whole lot of stuff I could appreciate in my daily life. Even my job, which I moan about: it at least puts money in my pocket. I usually go the coffee shop and have a brew after my shift and reflect on my shift, relaxing.
I have a roof over my head. Hell, I even have a garden, a big garden that I love. My little dog likes to run around in it and chase after seagulls.
I like art and I can appreciate art. I have favourite artists. I like to create art. I have a space where I produce art.
There's more I could add to this, I'm just trying to flex my muscles....
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:04 pm Reflecting on this, there is actually a whole lot of stuff I could appreciate in my daily life. Even my job, which I moan about: it at least puts money in my pocket. I usually go the coffee shop and have a brew after my shift and reflect on my shift, relaxing.
I have a roof over my head. Hell, I even have a garden, a big garden that I love. My little dog likes to run around in it and chase after seagulls.
I like art and I can appreciate art. I have favourite artists. I like to create art. I have a space where I produce art.
:romance-hearteyes: :woohoo: Keep flexing! This is wonderful!! :thumbup:
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:04 pm Reflecting on this, there is actually a whole lot of stuff I could appreciate in my daily life. Even my job, which I moan about: it at least puts money in my pocket. I usually go the coffee shop and have a brew after my shift and reflect on my shift, relaxing.
so good! Each one of these can be dug into with specifics to really milk them and get lots of feel-good out of them :hearts:

Selfishly, I would love to see a practice thread where you talk about your favourite artists, or even share some of your art :D I love hearing about what people love - I love discovering cool new things that way! : ) I used to adore the "Favourites" videos on youtube back in the day where people used to talk about all their favourite things, products, foods, gadgets, cameras, artists, books - everything! That used to be so much fun! (oh! I'm getting an idea for a new thread... :D)
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

spiritualcookie wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:56 pm (oh! I'm getting an idea for a new thread... :D)
YES!!!! I'd love a shared thread for that, no matter what Salamander is inspired to do (no pressure for him!) :hearts:
This sounds like fun!!
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

I go to the gym regularly. I suppose if I'm to use an analogy, it's kind of like that right?
My appreciation muscles are underdeveloped and lacking. At first it's difficult, you have to stretch yourself, sometimes, even forcing yourself and you start with the lowest weight and train yourself to bigger and bigger weights. And your muscles get sore after because they are not used to these new thoughts of appreciation you are introducing.
But you stick with it, because you know you will benefit in the long run.
This is kind of like an "Appreciation Gym" building up those neural pathways to happiness?
Ad
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

spiritualcookie wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:56 pm
so good! Each one of these can be dug into with specifics to really milk them and get lots of feel-good out of them :hearts:

Selfishly, I would love to see a practice thread where you talk about your favourite artists, or even share some of your art :D I love hearing about what people love - I love discovering cool new things that way! : ) I used to adore the "Favourites" videos on youtube back in the day where people used to talk about all their favourite things, products, foods, gadgets, cameras, artists, books - everything! That used to be so much fun! (oh! I'm getting an idea for a new thread... :D)
Such a good idea!
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:20 pmMy appreciation muscles are underdeveloped and lacking. At first it's difficult, you have to stretch yourself, sometimes, even forcing yourself and you start with the lowest weight and train yourself to bigger and bigger weights. And your muscles get sore after because they are not used to these new thoughts of appreciation you are introducing.
But you stick with it, because you know you will benefit in the long run.
This is kind of like an "Appreciation Gym" building up those neural pathways to happiness?
oooh I LOVE this analogy! Yes!! It's just like that! Training those appreciation muscles to become strong so that appreciation starts to come easy. It feels good to appreciate so your vibration rises as a natural result of your training. And then off you go, flying up the emotional scale!
:superhero: :muscle-flex:
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

Appreciation doesn't come easy to me right now, because it is easier to react to circumstances and think my usual crappy feeling thoughts. But in time I could build those Appreciation muscles, even though it's a stretch, like being at the gym!
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:49 pm Appreciation doesn't come easy to me right now, because it is easier to react to circumstances and think my usual crappy feeling thoughts. But in time I could build those Appreciation muscles, even though it's a stretch, like being at the gym!
I'm sometimes struggling with this too, and probably many do.

Abraham have talked about it many times, but the fact is that it IS easier to just have a knee jerk response to life and just be an observer and let the "automatic" practiced thoughts control your mind with no deliberate attempt to focus differently, and it will always be easier.
But it won't ever feel better. It takes some mental "effort" to focus differently than we're used to, or than where our brain wants to go because it's what it's used to be thinking.

Law of attraction will give us thoughts that are a match to how we have been thinking, it's easier to just let that happen rather than to think a different thought, even if it's thoughts coming from a negative place and even if it's thoughts that feel bad.

The only way to get out of this cycle is to decide to start focusing on purpose and deliberately, even though it takes some mental "effort" at first. And to make how we feel matter more than what's "easy" to do (focus wise). And just practice it. I'm wanting to do that more than I have been, too. Because I want to feel better more of the time, and it's the only way. And our focus (and how we feel) is the only thing we have direct control over in this now moment, not any of the physical manifestations that has already been manifested (which Abraham calls "old news")
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us