Navigating high negative momentum

Discuss how you are using the Abraham-Hicks materials and teachings in your life. Your primary source of information on the Teachings should be the Abraham-Hicks materials: www.Abraham-Hicks.com -- there is a wealth of information made available there by Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham. Read the guidelines BEFORE posting. Ask yourself how your post feels before hitting "send". This Forum is not an official part of, nor owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Re: Navigating high negative momentum

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:20 pm I go to the gym regularly. I suppose if I'm to use an analogy, it's kind of like that right?
My appreciation muscles are underdeveloped and lacking. At first it's difficult, you have to stretch yourself, sometimes, even forcing yourself and you start with the lowest weight and train yourself to bigger and bigger weights. And your muscles get sore after because they are not used to these new thoughts of appreciation you are introducing.
But you stick with it, because you know you will benefit in the long run.
This is kind of like an "Appreciation Gym" building up those neural pathways to happiness?
Exactly!! :thumbup:
With TRAINING, or practice (often called "taking babysteps") you can get everywhere, vibrationally, eventually. :lol: I sooo laughed when Abe delivered this quote:

You have to practice Deliberate Creation!
It's an art, not an accident!

Abraham Hicks

The more you train, the easier it gets, the less resistance there is in your "training", and the further you get. Your new vibe starts to carry you without extra efforts:
You start to "reside" in a new, higher normal, where you are able to see much clearer and see much more Goodness ALL THE TIME on ALL topics!

Fears and other negative indicators that seemed to be "normal" conditions in your life before, just fall by the wayside, all by themselves.
Ad
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

I agree so very much with your whole post, Simon! :hearts: And still I want to comment on something which feels as it would fit into my point of "appreciating life" would be MORE joyful (and work faster in most cases) than trying to clean up the unwanted, or even distract from unwanted.
simon wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:04 pm ... not any of the physical manifestations that has already been manifested (which Abraham calls "old news")
I agree, it can be helpful and soothing to see "what is" as "old news". It absolutely has it's place in the tools that Abe give us.

But, wouldn't it even be more fun, more loving, and more highflying to make a small effort and APPRECIATE the manifested?
Abe call the physical world the leading edge of thought. Or, in other segments, the ASCENDED VIBRATION!

It's logical, isn't it? When you think a thought long enough, it will become more due to LoA. And you will tune into it, due to LoA- until the thought MANIFESTS.
What really happens in manifestation is, that the thinker becomes a match to their creation- aka, able to discern it in full form. The creation is DONE from the moment it was desired. But WE have been missing, as long we doubted it's presence. So, as soon we can see- and touch and lick it ;) WE BECAME ABLE TO "TRANSLATE" IT. We GOT it (pun intended).

Isn't this something to celebrate? YES, it's "old news".But it's also triumphant reality. It is creative triumph. It is what we have DONE! It is a token of our power- and here is the kicker: be it wanted or unwanted!

Say: "I DID that!" when something that you have wanted, manifests.
But when something manifests that you didn't want, say: "I did that, too."

Abe

simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:30 am I agree so very much with your whole post, Simon! :hearts: And still I want to comment on something which feels as it would fit into my point of "appreciating life" would be MORE joyful (and work faster in most cases) than trying to clean up the unwanted, or even distract from unwanted.
I've come to realize more and more that, as you said, it's not always the best to look to "clean up" issues as the first hand or main approach.
I recommend seeing the screenshots I posted in my thread here: viewtopic.php?p=8544#p8544 which is related to that.
If you get too much into "cleaning things up" mode, you'll be focusing on those things you're wanting to clean up more and attract more of them into your life.

But if you're stuck thinking about something negative that you have a hard time distracting from, you could try the going general process, finding a better-feeling thought, focus wheel etc on that particular thing, and see if you can feel better that way. If you find doing any of those processes do feel better, you're going in the right direction and it doesn't matter what you did to accomplishing the "feeling better", if you truly feel better than you did before, that tool worked for you in this moment and you have successfully released some resistance. Keep going and celebrate the relief along the way.

But often times, an easier way to feel better is to distract yourself or meditate.
I think, if you've spent a long time very low on the EGS and you have manifested a lot of negative circumstances and you're far from "Appreication" on the emotional scale, it might not be the easiest to do Appreciation. You can tell whether or not you feel better when you do the appreciation.
If you have a hard time appreciating and it doesn't feel better to you, try distraction or meditation, and see if that works for you. Trial and error, with the only ulterior motive to find a way of focusing that feels a little better to you in this now moment. :)
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

:text-yeahthat: :thumbup: :thumbup: :hearts:
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

simon wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:24 pm
Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:30 am I agree so very much with your whole post, Simon! :hearts: And still I want to comment on something which feels as it would fit into my point of "appreciating life" would be MORE joyful (and work faster in most cases) than trying to clean up the unwanted, or even distract from unwanted.
I've come to realize more and more that, as you said, it's not always the best to look to "clean up" issues as the first hand or main approach.
I recommend seeing the screenshots I posted in my thread here: viewtopic.php?p=8544#p8544 which is related to that.
If you get too much into "cleaning things up" mode, you'll be focusing on those things you're wanting to clean up more and attract more of them into your life.

But if you're stuck thinking about something negative that you have a hard time distracting from, you could try the going general process, finding a better-feeling thought, focus wheel etc on that particular thing, and see if you can feel better that way. If you find doing any of those processes do feel better, you're going in the right direction and it doesn't matter what you did to accomplishing the "feeling better", if you truly feel better than you did before, that tool worked for you in this moment and you have successfully released some resistance. Keep going and celebrate the relief along the way.

But often times, an easier way to feel better is to distract yourself or meditate.
I think, if you've spent a long time very low on the EGS and you have manifested a lot of negative circumstances and you're far from "Appreication" on the emotional scale, it might not be the easiest to do Appreciation. You can tell whether or not you feel better when you do the appreciation.
If you have a hard time appreciating and it doesn't feel better to you, try distraction or meditation, and see if that works for you. Trial and error, with the only ulterior motive to find a way of focusing that feels a little better to you in this now moment. :)
Thank you for this post Simon, and those screenshots are very helpful and relevant.

I actually agree with both you and paradise on earth when it comes to appreciation. POE, I find it truly admirable that reaching directly for appreciation, in baby steps, got you out of a deep hole. I personally find it a little tricky.....but I suppose not impossible.

I can also see Simons point of not necessarily reaching direct for appreciation on the emotional scale.

What I'm taking away from this conversation is that you don't necessarily have to go on a hunt to try and clean up every subject, nor is it even possible. It's best to spend more time feeling better, or even if you can get to appreciation in baby steps, and milk it and then only come back to those troublesome topics that bother me, when I feel genuinely compelled to in a better feeling, neutral place. And also, those "troublesome topics" are not something going wrong, just part of this whole process, right?
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Salamander89 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:41 pm
I actually agree with both you and paradise on earth when it comes to appreciation. POE, I find it truly admirable that reaching directly for appreciation, in baby steps, got you out of a deep hole. I personally find it a little tricky.....but I suppose not impossible.
Nobody has ever said it is "easy", it isn't. It's incredibly simple, but not easy. You are deep-trained into the unwanted, you can do THAT while sleep-walking ;) And so, the unwanted behavior comes most "easy" and all on it's own. The trick is to train yourself (as you would do with every art or ability) into the wanted thoughts and behavior, until THIS comes most easy, natural and "all on it's own!" (and, it will, really!)
(...) What I'm taking away from this conversation is that you don't necessarily have to go on a hunt to try and clean up every subject, nor is it even possible.
Exactly! And: It's no fun. It would be a dread.
It's best to spend more time feeling better, or even if you can get to appreciation in baby steps, and milk it and then only come back to those troublesome topics that bother me, when I feel genuinely compelled to in a better feeling, neutral place. And also, those "troublesome topics" are not something going wrong, just part of this whole process, right?
Perfect! :thumbup: :hearts:
Ad
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

So just really focus on things that feel good (or better).......you get more of that.

Don't focus on things that feel bad (or focus less)......you get less of that.

That simple?
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Salamander89 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:38 am So just really focus on things that feel good (or better).......you get more of that.

Don't focus on things that feel bad (or focus less)......you get less of that.

That simple?
That simple! :D :hearts: But as I said, not always that easy. The "Art of Allowing" IS an art! It takes practice, practice, practice. BUT it is a practice that -when you do it right, brings you AT LEAST relief in the very moment (and that is a lot, isn't it?). And as soon you get good, it is joy, all the way along... with small slips in between, and then joy again!

x
Please disable Adblocker to support us