Just for Fun!

Relax and enjoy the Lounge. For Off-Topic chit-chat not related to Abraham Hicks teachings.
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Re: Just for Fun!

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

spiritualcookie wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:15 am
Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:02 amThe sauce belonged into (...) "Königinnen Pasteten" (a fancy Chicken- and tongue fricassee, coupled with finest peas, asparagus and carrots, filled into shells from savory Puff-pastry-dough).
I love hearing about the German specialties! You know so many! I so value your experteze! It fills my heart with such appreciation!
:in_love:
(...) Wow! It may almost be an antique at this point! :lol:
:lol: :in_love: Thank you!! I spent the morning preparing Königinnen Pastete- not with the original shells, but with little crisp pieces of puff pastry (that still must get baked in this picture) because our interaction inspired me... and tadaaa, here comes the antique bottle, but it still tastes as it is supposed to! :lol:

(as I did not want to waste the rest of the puff-pastry-dough, I used it to do Pfirsich im Schlafrock ("peach in a dressing-gown")- peaches wrapped into dough, together with jam and Marzipan.

I didn't want to wait until it all will be baked and nicely served :lol: :lol:
It happens to me too with ingredients I don't have many obvious recipe ideas for. I've had lucuma powder, cocoa butter and coconut flour in my kitchen cupboard for many years! :D
:lol: oh I hear you. In my cupboard it's cocoa-nibs, glucose and several spice-blends that I'm not so sure of, after having bought them :lol:

For the coconut flour, it is free of gluten, and you can exchange up to 1/4 of your normal wheat flour with it, without changing anything at the recipe, but it helps if you add more liquids (the cocoflour binds up all moisture!). You also can substitute almond- or hazelnut flour with it by exchanging 1/4 of the weight, but not more, it all will get dry otherwise. It has almost no own taste (a bit to the sweet side).

(smarty-pants has struck again! :muscle-flex-small: ) :lol: :hearts:

Ad
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:57 amI spent the morning preparing Königinnen Pastete- not with the original shells, but with little crisp pieces of puff pastry (that still must get baked in this picture) because our interaction inspired me... and tadaaa, here comes the antique bottle, but it still tastes as it is supposed to! :lol:
oo! how did it taste? :)

I love the phrase: Pfirsich im Schlafrock ("peach in a dressing-gown") - it's such a sweet, creative way of saying the peach is wrapped in pastry! It's one for my phrase appreciation thread :hearts:

For the coconut flour, it is free of gluten, and you can exchange up to 1/4 of your normal wheat flour with it, without changing anything at the recipe, but it helps if you add more liquids (the cocoflour binds up all moisture!). You also can substitute almond- or hazelnut flour with it by exchanging 1/4 of the weight, but not more, it all will get dry otherwise. It has almost no own taste (a bit to the sweet side).
(smarty-pants has struck again! :muscle-flex-small: ) :lol: :hearts:
:lol:
Thank you for the tips! :in_love:
I think I may have said this before - but smarty pants people are some of my favourite people. Especially when they use this power combined with the heart of wanting to be helpful :hearts:
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

spiritualcookie wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:43 pm oo! how did it taste? :)
It's a long time favourite in our family! It is sooo good :D :hearts: :D
I love the phrase: Pfirsich im Schlafrock ("peach in a dressing-gown") - it's such a sweet, creative way of saying the peach is wrapped in pastry! It's one for my phrase appreciation thread :hearts:
:lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think I may have said this before - but smarty pants people are some of my favourite people. Especially when they use this power combined with the heart of wanting to be helpful :hearts:
:in_love: :vortex: Thank you!!! :kiss: :dancing:
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:22 am

aw I really like these ones! :hearts:
The traffic jam one is so clever too!

Thank you for sharing! :in_love: :vortex:
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

:in_love: :kiss: :wave: :D
Ad
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

(I certainly do that!) :lol:

(Ohhh yeah...)
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:56 am(I certainly do that!)
Those are so funny! :lol: Thanks for the laugh. I can relate a lot to the one of not wanting to get out of bed to pee :doh:
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

simon wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:24 am
Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:56 am(I certainly do that!)
Those are so funny! :lol: Thanks for the laugh. I can relate a lot to the one of not wanting to get out of bed to pee :doh:
Ohhh yes... same here :lol: :lol: :wave:
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us