Future and past converge here

Introducing the Abe Quotation sub-forum We've been noticing more and more members enjoying and sharing Abraham's words of wisdom in many different forms. The momentum of such generous sharing has caught our attention so we've created a place here on the forum to assemble such gems "under one roof," so to speak.
Blue__Butterflies

Future and past converge here

Post by Blue__Butterflies »

Here you stand in the place you call now. Now it is moving, now, now, now; it is going to be, it is, it was, it is going to be, it is, it was. You are continually moving through time and now keeps moving, doesn’t it? But one thing that is always consistent about now, it is the juncture of what will be and what was. Future and past converge right here in the now. Now is powerful. As you stand in your now, you are thinking, and thoughts are radiating from you. Some of your thoughts are about what you want, future, and some of your thoughts are about what you’ve experienced, belief. And so as future and past, or as desire and belief, converge in your powerful now, you have ignition or liftoff. If your desire says, “I want this,” and your belief says, “I can’t have it,” what is happening in your now? But if your desire says, “I want it,” and your belief says, “You can have it,” then what is happening? Do you see the difference? And so what your work is, is to bring yourself to the place of what you are wanting and what you are expecting going in the same direction. And the fastest way that we know of getting your belief to go where your desire is, is to look for reasons to feel good.
When you say you can’t do something, your Inner Being doesn’t agree, and you don’t feel good. But if you say, “I’m going to look for reasons to feel good,” you will literally be inspired to remember the things you did, and that will boost your sense of believing until soon there will be nothing that you want that you don’t believe you can have. You will reach the place where you will say, “I want it therefore it is.” In other words, you are coming to the place – we see you nearly there – you are coming to the place where you will never again say, “I can’t.”
It is not a matter of can’t, it is a matter of do I want it or don’t I want it. Can’t doesn’t enter in because it has nothing to do with ability, it has nothing to do with action, it has to do only with the alignment of thought. You train yourselves to be so smart that you work against yourselves. You are so objective, “We must weigh the positive and the negative,” you say, “we must weigh the pros and the cons.” We say, why not just hang yourselves instead? Don’t be objective, be clear about what you want; think about what you want. And as the world says, “Face the facts,” say, “Those are your facts, we’re each the creator of our facts.” And they say, “Look at reality!” Say, “Reality is a product of our thought. That’s your reality. Why should I allow someone else’s evidence?” All those who are dying of cancer that you are interacting with, that is evidence that has been created by them. Why should you let their evidence, which is the result of their thoughts, influence your sense of being? It is madness. The only thing that affects your experience is what you do with the Nonphysical energy, and you have control over that which makes you feel good and looking for that which makes you feel bad.
We’ll tell you a little trick that will work very well for you: Every time you are considering doing something , stop and say, “I want to feel good, how does this fit in with that?” Every time you are thinking about calling someone, say, “I want to feel good, how does this fit in with that?” Every time you are thinking about something, ask yourself, “I want to feel good, how does this fit in with that?” Every time you are thinking about saying something, stop for a moment and ask yourself, “I want to feel good. How will these words affect my feeling of feeling good?” And what you will discover is there are many things that you are moving forward in out of habit that are not in harmony with your wanting to feel good, and that is what is causing negative attraction. It’s not because you’re bad, it’s not because you’re stupid, it’s not because you don’t know better, it’s because you’re thinking thoughts that don’t harmonize with what makes you feel good. It is as simple as that.
It’s a big issue feeling good, isn’t it? Do you know that there are a whole bunch of people around who don’t think it is alright to feel good? They’ve been convinced that feeling good is frivolous, childlike and that you should grow up. “Grow up and feel bad,” they say. “Grow up, feel bad, face the facts, look at reality and then you die.” And we say nothing is more important than that you feel good, because when you feel good you are resonating with your greater power. When you feel good, and only when you feel good, are you here doing that which you came here to do. When you feel good, that means you’ve chosen thoughts that vibrate at a frequency that is bringing things to you that you want. Nice to know, isn’t it?
~ Abraham-Hicks
San Antonio, TX 5/24/1991
Ad
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us