Misconceptions about How the World Works

Introducing the Abe Quotation sub-forum We've been noticing more and more members enjoying and sharing Abraham's words of wisdom in many different forms. The momentum of such generous sharing has caught our attention so we've created a place here on the forum to assemble such gems "under one roof," so to speak.
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Misconceptions about How the World Works

Post by spiritualcookie »

Nothing here in your physical environment can be explained ONLY through physical terms, and so that which you do not understand, you force into a sort of logic. And the result of that is that the majority of you are living and working and seeing through eyes of tremendous misconceptions. (...)

Here are a few of your greatest misconceptions:
- I make things happen through effort and strain
- Pain and hard work are the ingredients of the greatest accomplishments.
- The more time I spend pitting my body against the struggle, the more effective or triumphant I will be.
- Physical action is what makes things happen."

Working under those assumptions, you are not only tremendously handicapped and limited, you are usually soon defeated and tired.

After years of working but not succeeding, most stop trying and resign themselves to a tired body and lost dreams, looking for others, defeated also, in order to justify their own failure.

- Abraham, 1991