The ABC-Game, about Countries and their Food!

This new forum is created and a focus for those that want to participate with the study of Abraham-Hicks in their many books and processes.
Pollyanna

Re: The ABC-Game, about Countries and their Food!

Post by Pollyanna »

Thank you, wonderful Paradise-on-Earth, for sharing your high vibration and leading me to discover Europe in such a unique and lovely way!

Being just a few days old on the forum and loving the "newness" of everything, I've enjoyed your posts immensely. You're flying so high that every post you crafted is taking me through incredible guided activities and self discovery all at the same time!

Because Germany is one of my eternal favorite destinations that I hope to visit on day, I was thrilled to explore your incredible country like I was on an expert-led gourmet luxury adventure.

And I so appreciate your intimate stories, which seamlessly orchetrated and packed this fabulous rampage with insider access for me to feel the finest of DEUTSCHLAND!

The exquisite "homemade Plätzchen on a bunter Teller" not only showcased the high-quality perfection of German culture (even little kids are making more beautiful decorations than I can ever imagine) but also made me wonder how German culinary magic could ever be lesser known and celebrated. They are fabulous!

You've taken me through such a heavenly emotional journey and shown me the sky is the limit. Thank you again for showing me how to play such a fun and general game! I so love and appreciate you!
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

Pollyanna wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:06 pm Thank you, wonderful Paradise-on-Earth, for sharing your high vibration and leading me to discover Europe in such a unique and lovely way!

Being just a few days old on the forum and loving the "newness" of everything, I've enjoyed your posts immensely. You're flying so high that every post you crafted is taking me through incredible guided activities and self discovery all at the same time!

Because Germany is one of my eternal favorite destinations that I hope to visit on day, I was thrilled to explore your incredible country like I was on an expert-led gourmet luxury adventure.

And I so appreciate your intimate stories, which seamlessly orchetrated and packed this fabulous rampage with insider access for me to feel the finest of DEUTSCHLAND!

The exquisite "homemade Plätzchen on a bunter Teller" not only showcased the high-quality perfection of German culture (even little kids are making more beautiful decorations than I can ever imagine) but also made me wonder how German culinary magic could ever be lesser known and celebrated. They are fabulous!

You've taken me through such a heavenly emotional journey and shown me the sky is the limit. Thank you again for showing me how to play such a fun and general game! I so love and appreciate you!
Oh WOW... what a beautiful, wonderful compliment!! And what an awesome rampage. I'm very touched, and I deeply appreciate it!! :hearts:
And besides:
:text-welcomeconfetti: on this Forum! :lol: :D :vortex: :dancing: :flowers:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

:D it feels soo good to get such feedback. :romance-wub: ...while, of course, everone does their "work" here for THEMSELVES first and foremost, and some really prefer to be on their own (just themselves and the hundreds of lurkers) :lol: ...*I* think, it can get a bit lonely when people don't share if they enjoy your work! So, now I feel freshly fueled!! :dance: :kiss: :kiss: :wave: :ta:

:romance-heartstiny:
Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna »

Dear Paradise-on-Earth,

Thank you for your heart-warming welcome! I so appreciate your taking the time to share such a wonderful message with me, particularly in your evening hour. THANK YOU! :D

My heart is forever and deeply grateful for every one of your lovely posts on this forum: they are like music from my Inner-Being. Your writing is so beautiful, creative, and deep that I can't help but be moved and inspired. I've learned so much from your creativity on how to play these high vibration games that I view you as my beacon of light --- thank you for fueling me with your inspiration!

Indeed, I've saved many of your posts on my computer to savor so I can continue to practice even when I can't be online. So you see, your tireless work has brought joy and riches to all corners of our lovely planet at all hours! :dance:

With deep love and appreciation, I wish you a most soothing and relaxing night! You're truly a gem in this treasure cove!!
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Pollyanna wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm Dear Paradise-on-Earth,

Thank you for your heart-warming welcome! I so appreciate your taking the time to share such a wonderful message with me, particularly in your evening hour. THANK YOU! :D
:hearts: It is SO my pleasure!!
:D I made a promise to myself several years ago: That I would NEVER again do something that I don't WANT to do, and I kept it! So, you can be certain, that it is MY pleasure when I use my time to write a post! Tank YOU for the beautiful "excuse" to do so! :kiss:
My heart is forever and deeply grateful for every one of your lovely posts on this forum: they are like music from my Inner-Being.

It is such a joy to hear this! Ya, ITV, our ALL souls have resonance. Such a beautiful thing! :vortex-small:
Your writing is so beautiful, creative, and deep that I can't help but be moved and inspired. I've learned so much from your creativity on how to play these high vibration games that I view you as my beacon of light --- thank you for fueling me with your inspiration!

Indeed, I've saved many of your posts on my computer to savor so I can continue to practice even when I can't be online.
awwww :in_love: :ta: for sharing!
So you see, your tireless work has brought joy and riches to all corners of our lovely planet at all hours! :dance:
:D ITV, we are not "tired" :lol: Which can be a problem when I'm up all night because I enjoy to "work"- and then beloved husband has his alarmclock set to 3:40AM :crazy: :lol: ...but then, I wouldn't want to miss the early morning for nothing, also. Sleep is overrated! :D
With deep love and appreciation, I wish you a most soothing and relaxing night! You're truly a gem in this treasure cove!!
Thank you so much!!! ...you really made me curious from which treasure-cove-part of the world YOU come, if you ever feel like sharing! Have an awesome day, or morning, or evening or night, yourself! :hi5: :happy117: :balloons_wave:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

F for France!
I SO love France, and I am so blessed by having been there several times... in Paris with my Beloved for a long weekend. In Straßburg/Alsace several times, with all my family. In the Camargue, San Tropez, Villefranche-sur-mer and Nizza, on our Abe-Cruise. And last year: All around in the lavender-blooming Provence with Avignon and Arles, while driving delightful classic Mercedes Convertibles. Through the Grand West-Alps below the Mont Blanc, the Rhone-Alps across tiniest mountain passes and then, along the Côte d'Azur with Grasse, Cannes, Cassis and Marseille, on a road-trip with our Jeep and roof-tent... and ohhh, I will never get enough of this amazing country!

It is on my bucket-list to do a family-trip to Disneyland/Paris. To induldge ourselves on river-cruises on each Rhone and Seine, to explore the Antlantic-coast in Spring, to see the apples bloom in Normandie and Bretagne. I want to see DH hang-glide on Dune du Pilat, and take a whole month for a long and specific Côte-d'Azur trip in February, on the "Golden Route"- the Street of Lemons and blooming Mimosas!

France, the country in which the fork and Haute Cuisine got invented, where the Michelin-guide started out to rank restaurants if they would be worth a stop, a little detour or even a whole journey... it seems hard to pick "some" significant or typical food. IT ALL IS! IT IS ENDLESS!!! :lol: :hearts: So I came up with the idea to pick 1 (uhm... mostly...) dish or ingredient that might be especially special, from each region of France. Let's start! (The order is completely random!)

Auvergne
The region in the central Alps. Harsh and often very cold, in the winters.

Clafoutis aux cerises
A mix of bread-pudding, pancake and Cherry-pie. Awesome taste!

Escargot (snails) in butter with herbs and garlic (served with baguette and salad), and fried or cold Foie Gras (extra fat Duck- or goose-liver). The both probably most challenging foods in France, and both incredibly delicous!! It is to say, that both geese and ducks NATURALLY would get a fat liver before winter- without any brutal force. There are a few farmers who take a small cut in productivity, and allow their birds to raise what is wanted all natural, without any torture -on their own. And THIS products, I would buy anytime!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bourgogne - Franche Comté (Burgundy)

Many of Burgundies recipes are seen as THE (old) French Cuisine- the cuisine of kings and noble ones. Butter and creme are all times in use. From here are the famous, heavy Burgundy-wines, the famous Bresse-poultry, the famous white Charolais-cattle, escargots from the vineyards and truffles, mushroom and berries from the forests.

Boef Bourgignon
In Burgundy-Wine slowly cooked beef, shallots, carrots and potatoes -until it's all together super-tender and of awesome, wholesome taste!

----------------------------------------
Grand Est (Alsace)

Located at the German border, sharing with Germany a once very poor area, where wild- and garden-grown- vegetables played a big role, also escargots, fish, wild rabbits and venison. For those that were rich, was poultry and pork. Alsace was inspired by German recipes (and vice versa). The most known dish "Choucroute garnie a l’Alsacienne" -Sauerkraut with pickled knuckle of pork, could also be served in Germany and nobody would know a difference, together with many others that even have German dialekt-names.

Tarte aux oignons
A (VERY tasty!) thin "cake" made from bread-dough and affordable vegetables mostly onions, sometimes leek.
From this evolved probably the more internationally famous Quiche Lorraine. Which you could bake if you were lucky- and had bacon, eggs and cream!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hauts de France (Champagne, Ardenne)

This area is all about Champagne. Maybe it needs to be said: ONLY sparkling wines that are produced in THIS region are officially supposed to call themselves "Champagne"! Everything else might taste good as well... but it's not IT. Champagne is not only there to drink it, it also goes into many dishes that are knows for this region: Appetizers, desserts, sauces, or as a cocktail, together with sorbets. Ratafia is a wine from Champagne-grapes, and Marc de Champagne a very tasty brandy, made from the pomace of the used grapes. The cuisine otherwise is hearty, with many famous cheeses that also are produced here. The most famous recipe might be the famous...

...Kir Royal. Again, to add a "Royal" behind the Kir, there must be real Champagne in your glass! ...That's Style.
-You pour 9 parts of this, and 1 part of Creme de Cassis-liqueur (liqueur made from black currants). Santé! (=Cheers) :D

-----------------------------------------
Île de France, Paris

This area around the capital Paris is since the early medieval times the center of France. King and noble men settled here mostly, and built the hot spot of power, culture, creativity, abundance, art -and also ostentation! It is said that Île de France didn't produce an own style of cuisine, besides bringing the traditions of the whole country together and elevating it. Which is a lot. The finest craftmanship of making bread and pastry, sauces, sweets, sausages and amazing things from all sorts of ingredients, happened here. So got also whimsy liqueurs created- as
Grand Marnier (from Caribbean bitter oranges and Cognac) or Noyau de Poissy (from apricots and Cognac). In this tradition is also this incredibly trendy pastry:

le macaron parisien
-or short, the macaron. While "Macarons" existed LONG before (certainly since the medieval times), the owner of the bakery Ladureé, Pierre Desfontaines, started in 1930, to fill ganache between 2 macarons! Originally, a macaron (or macron or Makrone- depending in which country you look for it) was simply a cookie made from almonds, or other nuts, most often together with whipped sweetened egg white. The highly trained chef Pierre Hermés made in the end of the 20. Century the "new" double, ganache-filled macron better, more varied, -colorful and -tasty, and the grandson of Desfontain started a brilliant promotion- and the rest is history!

-------------------------------
Normandie

An area along the Atlantik Ocean that is famous for it's lamb from the salty meadows by Mont Saint Michel and for it's myriads of apples -and also pears. There are around 50 different apple- breeds counted here, that produce the famous light and delicious Cider (from either apples or pears), and also the Calvados, a very harmonic fruit-brandy made of also of apples or pears.

The third "C" in the famous 3 "C" belongs to Camembert, the most famous of the many cheeses in Normandie, that goes back to the 11. Century. The French raw-milk-Camembert is something VERY different in comparison to pasteurised one: Indescribably full, individually ripening- and sooo delicious!

----------------------------
Bretagne:

The wild Antlantic Ocean gives salt- used in salted caramell and pastry. And a ton of delightful seafood, as oysters, extraordinary high-quality lobster and huge scallops. And maybe all of that combined in a hearty soup, called "Cotriade". But what is especially special is Bretagnes take on Crepe (that are eaten all around France):

Galette Bretonne,
made from buckweat-flour, in sweet or savory.

Kouign amann
Incredibly delightful puff-pastry, packed- and baked with salted butter and salt-caramel.

------------------------------------------
Pays-de-la-Loire
This is the region of France that gets called the mellow France. It is incredible productive in agriculture- vegetables, pigs, cattle, poultry, but also fish and oysters, fruit as plums and cherries. The region also produces many famous red- and white wines. This overflow shows in the recipes, exquisite compositions of high quality ingredients. One of them might be

Turbot with spring-potatoes, asparagus and Beurre Blanc
...a worldwide revered sauce, with just the best that land and sea can deliver!

also this, that has it's origin in Le Mans- but is highly beloved in all of France: Rilettes du Mans.
It is made of any kind of meat (pork, rabbit, game birds, ducks and geese...) that gets cooked in it's own fat and juices, until it is spreadable. Sort of pulled pork, while more creamy and fat. Pure deliciousness!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Centre/Val de la Loire (Loire Valley)

Called the "Jewel of France", "The garden of the Kings" and the "Breadbasket and Garden of France"... which shows how rich and blessed this region is, and has been! Kings, aristocrats and artists took a break from Paris here, to relax and recharge. Who was able to do so, built their little or huge chateau in the valley along the river Loire. More than 300 of these castles are still standing.

For many, the cuisine of this area is the best in all France. Fresh fruit of all imaginable breeds and enormous amounts of crop are harvested, fish from the rivers and venison from the forests. Most famous is probably

Tarte Tatin (apple-cake, baked in caramel and their own juice, and then turned over),

---------------------------------------------------
Aquitaine

This is called "the land ouf 1000 pleasures". The Bordeaux-wines that come from here are maybe the most famous wines all over the world:
Names as "Château Lafite-Rothschild" or "Château Mouton Rothschild" give goosebumps to every foodie. Armagnac is probably the most famous brandy.

People have the most fresh access to everything that is called delicacy, in other countries: Foie gras, truffles, oil from finest nuts, finest ducks and geese, best meats thinkable, melons, strawberries, apricots, endless variety of oysters and other seafood.

Pâté de Fois Gras and Pâté Basque are artfully decorated or more rustic savory dishes of delicious "pies" within (or sometimes even without) dough

Crème brulèe -a custard from cream and vanilla with a candied, hard sugar-crust (incredibly yummy!)

---------------------------------------------
Languedoc-Roussillon

Now we reached the Mediterranean Sea! The direct neighbor is Spain, and so, the cuisine is heavily inspired by Catalonia (and vice versa).
Lots of mediterranean sea-fish and -vegetables get used, -fruits as figs and peaches as also -herbs as fennel, garlic, rosemary and laurel-leaves.

Cassoulet might be the most famous, very traditional meal (certainly, this is no Novel Cuisine!) It's made from white beans, mutton, pork, sausages and duck: Oh my!

---------------------------------------------
Provence, Côte d'Azur
...on the right hand there is Italy, and as always, in regions where borders went back and forth, the recipes inspire each other. The Provence is where herbs get cultivated in big style. Like everywhere in the Mediterranean region, olives become a big player in the kitchen.

Herbes de Provence/Bouquet Garni in Ratatouille
...Herbs of Provence is an internationally famous seasoning-mix, that we think of maybe first, in this area. And while it seems so certain- lavender does NOT, no, NOT, ever! ...belong into this mix of herbs- no matter how cute the violet flowers look! A mix with lavender is made for show- and for tourists. Purists state anyways, that such a bold mixture with more than 2 "regal herbs", as thyme AND rosemary, is irritating at least, maybe even terrible. BUT, it gets used here, - fresh, bound as a small bouquet so that there is no mess with the stems, and it tastes like Provence. The ingredients of the Bouquet Garni are: Sage, bay laurel, tarragon, thyme, oregano and rosemary. No- I repeat, NO!! lavender.

Ratatouille is a famous stew of mediterranean vegetables (take what you have: Onion, garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, egg plant. Maybe even lime or capers!). Eat it hot or cold, as entree, side dish or snack.

Pastis... the iconic drink in South of France.
Pastis (meaning substitute, imitation) got burnt in protest from aniseed by farmers, after Absinth, that could make you lunatic, got forbidden. It is very much in the occult energy and taste of the incredibly famous, "green fairy" Absinth. It is golden in color and becomes opaque, milky-white (or green or blue) when infused with water (common is 5 or 6 parts water, 1 part Pastis). The strange change in color, but also the fascinating fresh taste of fennel and anise -as also the possible addition of sweet sirups, made it become a life-style attribute.
Pollyanna

Post by Pollyanna »

Lovely Paradise-on-Earth, 
Thank you for sharing your beautiful rampage and teaching with me! I'm so glad to be in your sweet presence.  :D

You're such a masterful teacher! I love your gentle guidance and helping me to remember that when I am connected to Source, there is no energy or time shortage.
And as you shared in Abe's transcript from the Easy Going post, I can wipe my mind clean of past beliefs. I so love the clarity of your message and am so happy to put these desires in my creation box:

- Keep my promise to myself.
- Enjoy my passion for the work.
- Day and night, meditate on the lovely thoughts you and everyone share on the forum, which I'll habitually dwell upon till they become a rich harvest of new beliefs for me.

And I so appreciate your interest in my location! I'm in rural USA (translation: unreliable Internet = more time for meditation and beautiful nature... I just saw the first hummingbirds of this spring/ssummer season, and I imagine you're also loving the gorgeous spring in Germany. 

When I grew up in Taiwan, I had a brief but wonderful time to learn German, and I immediately fell in love with the incredible German culture, language, and people. Therefore, you can't imagine how much warm appreciation I feel for you and the Law of Attraction for bringing me to a wonderful teacher like you! :lol:

Thank you, Paradise-on-Earth! You've shown me the way to feel better and better! That's the greatest gift anyone can share!
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

Pollyanna wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 pm Lovely Paradise-on-Earth, 
Thank you for sharing your beautiful rampage and teaching with me! I'm so glad to be in your sweet presence.  :D

You're such a masterful teacher! I love your gentle guidance and helping me to remember that when I am connected to Source, there is no energy or time shortage.
And as you shared in Abe's transcript from the Easy Going post, I can wipe my mind clean of past beliefs. I so love the clarity of your message and am so happy to put these desires in my creation box:

- Keep my promise to myself.
- Enjoy my passion for the work.
- Day and night, meditate on the lovely thoughts you and everyone share on the forum, which I'll habitually dwell upon till they become a rich harvest of new beliefs for me.
I'm VERY glad that I can serve you! Sharing doubles the joy, is a saying in Germany! :hearts:
And you are milking it SO wonderfully. Such great work!! :clap: :woohoo:
And I so appreciate your interest in my location! I'm in rural USA (translation: unreliable Internet = more time for meditation and beautiful nature... I just saw the first hummingbirds of this spring/ssummer season, and I imagine you're also loving the gorgeous spring in Germany. 
How beautiful! We have no hummingbirds here. To be true, I've never seen one in "real!" So nice! YES, spring is awesome in my area (but I guess, everywhere!) :romance-hearteyes: It is so nice that you shared a bit of your life! It makes your pen-friend so much more real, :ta: :D And I love how humorous and wise you write! :) yes, "waiting" in the internet is the perfect invitation for meditation :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup:
When I grew up in Taiwan, I had a brief but wonderful time to learn German, and I immediately fell in love with the incredible German culture, language, and people. Therefore, you can't imagine how much warm appreciation I feel for you and the Law of Attraction for bringing me to a wonderful teacher like you! :lol:

Thank you, Paradise-on-Earth! You've shown me the way to feel better and better! That's the greatest gift anyone can share!
Again, it's so my pleasure! Keep up the beautiful work :vortex-small:
Wow, Taiwan. This sounds so exotic to me! :hearts:
Paradise-on-Earth
Germany

I played this game passionately and very very fast, and I LIKED that.
Now I decided to experiment with some other forms of it!
(and thank you once more, spiritualcookie, for you so helpful feedback! :kiss: :wave:)
spiritualcookie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm Hm just thinking out loud: I wonder if you write about your feelings more - would that make it more spiritual? For example if you get into the details of why a certain dish rings your bells do you think that would feel more spiritual?
It does! :hearts: :ta:

I choose Greece, for G! ...and was ready to use several days this time for the rampage :lol: ...and,just a first day for looking through pictures of Greece. While doing so, I immediately found 3 recipes that I am EAGER to cook, NOW!! And I took my time, wrote them down, prepared a shopping list and enjoyed it SO MUCH!!!

And then, I thought of making an emotional Grid about the dishes, as spiritualcookie had suggested. WOW. I WANT to do that, not tomorrow, but NOW!

Wouldn't it be nice to sit here in a tavern with my beloved, drink a good wine, feel the warm air on my arms, feel the JOY of the people, and the peace of taking all the time in the world? Hearing the music and the joyful sound of human voices in a language I don't know, but I can feel their liveliness, and their care and their passion, and their goodness! I breathe deeply and look out onto the ocean, and take in the fading daylight, and the sunset, and the wide-ness of this world. It feels SO GOOD.

look at that starter, an octopus- salad. Ohhh my. I feel the soft gooey-ness on my tongue. I taste the olive oil. I taste the herbs and the garlic and this unique, awesome "greek" smell and taste! Hmmm, it feels delicious!

Another starter, a raw scallop prepared as ceviche, with vinaigrette and a bit of salmon caviar. Refreshing. Unexpected. Delicious. Asking for more!

oh, lamb-chops on a mousse of chickpeas. I indulge myself into this delight. SATISFYING. The aromas, the depth, this beauty of presentation. I LOVE it.

Or do I prefer vegetarian, stuffed bell pepper with rice, and a filled wine-leaf? I LOVE the Greek way of seasoning. I love how full and whole and deep it tastes, and I have yet to figure out how they do it. Until then, I just ENJOY IT sooo much!

Then there is an amazing seasoned fried sausage, with bits of feta in it, and this sauce! Greeks know how to do this! Each bite is an explosion of aroma. And I LOVE the Greek bread with it, so, so so satisfying.

...And this incredibly FRESH seafood, caught in the morning, served in the night. Lobster and fried fish, and fried breaded octopus, and it is all seasoned to perfection. Never overpowered, never in the slightest bland. Just masterful! And again, those dips that come with it! Yes, yes yes!! WHAT A FEAST!

We share the desserts, because we want to try both. Incredibly fruity, to-die-for Orange-"cake", Portokalapita,

and Galaktoboureko, a heavenly cake made from semolina cooked in cream and covered with crispy sheets of filo-dough. Both desserts are soaked in sirup, and get served with ice-cream... and we are in heaven. So RICH, in flavour, in goodness, in texture, in joy of living! SO IT FEELS, to me!

...There would be SO MUCH MORE to say about Greek cuisine, but I am lazy. I float in love for what I have FELT, in this rampage. I am eager to start my own Portokalapita, for which I found all the ingrediences, in my house. :D And now, I savor my emotions, and feel SO SATISFIED, in pondering all this goodness! THANK YOU, GREECE! May all that lives there be blessed! Be happy. Feel adored, and joyful, und peaceful, and live abundantly high!

:hearts: :vortex:

spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm Wouldn't it be nice to sit here in a tavern with my beloved, drink a good wine, feel the warm air on my arms, feel the JOY of the people, and the peace of taking all the time in the world? Hearing the music and the joyful sound of human voices in a language I don't know, but I can feel their liveliness, and their care and their passion, and their goodness! I breathe deeply and look out onto the ocean, and take in the fading daylight, and the sunset, and the wide-ness of this world. It feels SO GOOD.
look at that starter
As you started describing Greece as if you were there - making it so visceral and easy to feel even for us readers - as I read your words and felt the beauty and delicious vibe of what you were describing - I got happy goosebumps and joyful tears in my eyes - so I think your rampage today has moved out of the fun & interesting intellectual zone, and hit the spiritual zone for me :in_love: Perhaps the secret is moving from the head to the heart :hearts: