Going General Grid-work tips

A wealth of resources related to the teachings of Abraham-Hicks. Take a look, and enjoy. For all new members, this is information that is important for all forum resources and posting guidelines and is a MUST READ and AGREE for terms for posting.
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Going General Grid-work tips

Post by simon »

I found this post on another site that is very helpful to me: https://www.inwardquest.com/questions/1 ... grid#18226
It basically uses the 4-step Going general process that Abraham has talked about a few times.

You start with making a blank page like this:
abraham-grid-blank.jpg

Then you can think of it like this:
abraham-grid-overview.jpg

And here is an example of the process in action:
abraham-grid-example.jpg

(The images above are taken from the thread on InwardQuest)

There is now also a Going general-template you can use in the Toolbox section, to use on the subjects you want to do the "work" on. Happy playing :thumbup:
Ad
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Re: Going General Grid-work tips

Post by spiritualcookie »

This is great! Thanks for adding this helpful resource! :thumbup:
FeelGood
Plus Member
Plus Member
United States of America

Post by FeelGood »

👍💝:text-thankyoublue:
Seeing things to celebrate. Good Version, good version.
😎🎈🥰🎵💖💰 :flowdownstream: :goodjob: lemon
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

AWESOME, Simon!! Thank you so much for adding this!! :vortex:

I was teaching this 4-steps "Go General" on the old Forum on several hundred pages :D ...Abe indeed spoke about it much more and longer than "a few times". ;) :hearts: I found it INCREDIBLY helpful!

My tips are:

IN THE SPECIFIC NEGATIVES
This is a fantastically helpful step! ...Empty out your heart in really letting it all out. DO NOT HOLD BACK: Write pages, if you feel like it.
Most people hesitate at first to do so, because they don't want to be negative. But fact is, you are where you are, and you ARE already in the negatives. So, embrace that. Really BE SPECIFIC until you feel "sick and TIRED" of the issue. A bit like, letting the wound blood clean. You will notice that the "speed" that you have at the beginning will slow down, eventually. Looking at things so very- and deliberately- specific is strangely soothing!
When you feel "empty" of all that bothers you in this case, it indeed feels cleansed, tired and naturally not good any longer to prolong, because it is all out, now. And then...

GO GENERALLY NEGATIVE.
Which means, (this is Abes advice, and I found it SO useful!) to "wrap it up" in writing 3, not more than 4 emotions with which you describe all this unwanted specifics. That's it!
As: "I'm p*." "I am so sad." "I feel helpless, and disempowered"- whatever it is. 4 emotions are enough in my experience!
Doing so feels as if you would close up this negativity. It feels satisfying, and as if you would end the negative focus. Then, imagine to turn around and write...

....GENERAL POSITIVES.
Be very SLOW, in the beginning! Let your emotions guide you: You just have "turned the train around". Be gentle with yourself! Find your own footing... you are in a new land now! State in emotional terms what you would WANT to feel, instead of the general negatives. "I want to be joyful again. I want to feel hope, again. I want to have fun again!..." ...whatever comes to mind, and feels authentic to you. Now is also the time to write an emotional Grid. Let it flow naturally. Repeat emotional words that -authentically feel good and maybe even better and better, but do NOT push that. Example: "Ease. Ease. Sweetness. Ease. Peace. Peace. Peace. Peace. Freedom. Happy. Happy. Happy. Goodness..." Do that for AT LEAST 1 minute, until you really feel it. Now, your real "work" here is done.
Don't skip this step! Many of my students left this out, because admitting to- and embracing the negatives soothed them so much already. But going generally positive until you FEEL it, is the reward for all the pain that was before! Don't go without plucking it! And then, feel if you are ready for- and WANT to go...

...SPECIFICALLY POSITIVE
If you really (!!) feel like it, now go into the details of what you want, or what you know to be good and wanted, about this topic.
WARNING: When you have been boldly negative about it, so far, doing so might be much too much. Only You can feel what is right for you! When the positive specifics call you and you feel like wild horses can't hold you back from them, do them and enjoy having your wings back to fly!! But if you'r not there, if you are tired, if you "should" push yourself there- then it would be detrimental to do so. It would be trying too hard. In this case, just let it go, and be soooo proud about what you achieved in the other 3 segments!
Your work IS complete, even if you leave this one out!
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:26 amMy tips are:
Thanks so much for sharing your tips PoE! :five:
Yes, I remember on the old forum you used to play this particular "game" a lot and I used to read them often :)
I'm wanting to try this process for a while and see how it works for me, but it seems very nice. I like the simplicity of it and that it can be effective no matter where you are on the emotional guidance scale :)
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

simon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:54 pm
Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:26 amMy tips are:
Thanks so much for sharing your tips PoE! :five:
Yes, I remember on the old forum you used to play this particular "game" a lot and I used to read them often :)
I'm wanting to try this process for a while and see how it works for me, but it seems very nice. I like the simplicity of it and that it can be effective no matter where you are on the emotional guidance scale :)
Thank you!! :hearts: :hearts:

Exactly. It helped a ton of people, and it certainly brought *me* to a whole new level, as it helps to really FEEL, witness and steer your vibrations.
The clue of the clue is, to be very very aware of how you feel in each piece of it! Wishing you so much joy and success with it!
Ad
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:24 amExactly. It helped a ton of people, and it certainly brought *me* to a whole new level, as it helps to really FEEL, witness and steer your vibrations.
The clue of the clue is, to be very very aware of how you feel in each piece of it! Wishing you so much joy and success with it!
One thing I am a bit uncertain of when it comes to this process is when you have an issue you don't feel super bad about (like not the lowest part of the EGS) but more like a bit frustrated, but it doesn't feel like it has so much negative momentum going. Do you still always start in the specific negative section or could your starting point already be in the "general negative"? I don't think I've ever herad Abraham talk about that when they talked about this process. Do you remember anything about that? :)
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

simon wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:15 am
One thing I am a bit uncertain of when it comes to this process is when you have an issue you don't feel super bad about (like not the lowest part of the EGS) but more like a bit frustrated, but it doesn't feel like it has so much negative momentum going. Do you still always start in the specific negative section or could your starting point already be in the "general negative"? I don't think I've ever herad Abraham talk about that when they talked about this process. Do you remember anything about that? :)
:D I know, it's so sad that we can't find the specific WS's anymore about this process. Abe talked a whole year about it, intensely,but now it seems that all the material is gone- as it never was in the books.

When you feel (!) it doesn't go very deep, you have not really pain in the process but it's merely sort of a bad habit that you trained for long- then I wouldn't go into the specific negatives, but just make 3- 4 "bored" general statements. As, "This really sucks." "I'm sick and tired of it". "I wish I could let that go, it is not helpful anymore!"
...or something along this lines. Sometimes it's just stating where you are: "I am frustrated about it." "I am impatient! I Want to drop this! NOW!" and then, go into the general specifics and set Grids with the emotions that you would love to feel. Do that several times per day- whenever it comes up (setting a Grid is done easily without writing, you can do it while driving your car, or while waiting at the bus-station, or while walking somewhere...), and you will have worked yourself out of the old unwanted momentum, quite soon! I used to set Grids when I climbed stairs: Each step a word. It becomes a natural new habit!
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

The point is to acknowledge where you are, and go from there! :hearts:
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us