My Diary

This new forum is created and a focus for those that want to participate with the study of Abraham-Hicks in their many books and processes.
abrahammer117
Ireland

Re: My Diary

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 47/ ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
No computer games, no news, no following football, no YouTube at all, no snacking, no work email out of work.
Only 2 deliberate work email checks a day (and be aware if this actually causes any issues at all)
Take Sunday+Monday off work.
Day 23: Cold shower first thing after waking, 15 mins sounds meditation them Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Day 1: At least 3 x 15 min sound meditations a day
Reminder: Talking out-loud to myself is bizarrely helpful. Does attract attention though :)
Reminder: "It is our powerful desire that you feel satisfied with where you are"

My girlfriend is commenting on my improved sense of well-being. I'm noticing that I am enjoying conversations with her alot more. Particularly noticing that I'm finding it much easier to listen, before my mind would start jumping in before I'd fully taken in what she'd said.

I've added a new commitment - one I've known would be really good but a little nervous to go back to for some reason. 3 or 4 15 minute sound meditations a day with the intention of quieting my mind. It's a lovely moment when I feel an emotional shift during one of these. I also noticed that my finances started to improve after I started doing this regularly. It's exciting to remember that. IT also feels like going back to my roots a bit - my life changed forever when I started meditating for the first time 20 years ago

------

been rereading Astonihing Power of Emotions today. Really hit home where it comments about being in a hurry to fulfill your desires, how these works against you. I felt a wave of relief when for a moment I allowed my financial situation to be as it was, that it doesn't matter how quickly it improves
Ad
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 48/ ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
No computer games, no news, no following football, no YouTube at all, no snacking, no work email out of work.
Day 24: Cold shower first thing after waking, 15 mins sounds meditation them Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Day 2: At least 3 x 15 min sound meditations a day
Day 2: Read at least one example from Astonishing Power of Emotions each day

I feel progress continuing. The Astonishing Power of Emotions book is really hitting home right now.
It's probably the simplest book in that everything comes down to - are you pointed upstream or downstream in this moment?
This year has been such gradual shifting and it really feels like the gradualness means it's kinda permanent shifting rather than big ups and downs, going forwards then seemingly big leaps backwards.
Yesterday at work I realised I was stressing myself out trying to hard (upstream) and I read an opening chapter in the book about the power of the stream and I felt palpable relief. Within the relief , it felt like such common sense that trying hard to do more work from an upstream place is harmful.
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 49/ ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
Day 25: Cold shower first thing after waking, 15 mins sounds meditation them Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Day 3 At least 3 x 15 min sound meditations a day

Improvements continuing! It's getting easier and easier to just catch upstream thoughts earlier and earlier and I'm seeing the benefits
I wanna stay downstream whilst I write here too.
Tara

Post by Tara »

abrahammer117 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:12 am
Improvements continuing! It's getting easier and easier to just catch upstream thoughts earlier and earlier and I'm seeing the benefits
Wonderful and inspiring 🙌 👏😊
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Tara wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:56 pm
abrahammer117 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:12 am
Wonderful and inspiring 🙌 👏😊

thank you :)
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 53/ ??: WONDERFUL CHALLENGE:
Day 29: Cold shower first thing after waking, 15 mins sounds meditation them Ab Hicks abundance meditation
Reminder: multiple 15 min sound meditations a day is so helpful
Reminder: Soothing is solving

Gradual improvements still continuing in how I feel! I can really feel how what I believe is always gradually shifting. Feel more stable and confident and able to have fun with things.This is exciting.
Ad
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 1: 4 x 15 minute sound meditations a day

I've come back to this a few times - that if I'm honest with myself from my experience, making quiet mind practice my base is possibly the best thing for me and one I always get so tempted to walk away from
I've noticed if it goes better if I sit on a chair rather than my sofa - posture is more alert I guess. And I can move the chair near my noisy fridge :)
I've said before that when I made this my base, my finances really started to improve. Not a coincidence is that during the sound meditations I often felt a palpable moment of emotional relief that I really liked. I can't think of any other exercise I've done where I get that.
When I was doing this regularly I loved that the expectation was always in me that the next bit of little relief wasn't far away - and when I got home from work and sat down for the 15 minutes it felt relieving almost straight away.
So my best times for this are, first thing in the morning after shower. End of morning period before work. Straight after work. Straight before sleep
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 2: 4 x 15 minute sound meditations a day

On day 2 of this and it feels a bit like reclaiming sanity after getting a bit hyper the last few days.
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 4: 4 x 15 minute sound meditations a day
Reminder: Each morning, accept the validity of the stream

Paraphrasing from 'Astonishing power of emotions'. If you feel urgency or in a hurry to improve your situation, you are discounting the power and promise of the stream of well-being, and therefore are definitely pointed upstream.

So poignant for me that one !
abrahammer117
Ireland

Post by abrahammer117 »

Day 7: 4 x 15 minute sound meditations a day
Reminder: Any sense of urgency or hurry works against you as it's discounting the stream of well-being

Up and down as always - but I can boldly state that average mood is STILL improving. My favourite thing is it's getting so much easier to not identify with resistant thoughts when they pop up. Oooh and when I do my 15 minute meditations, I reliably have moments of positive emotion and relief during them. Finding it much easier to have fun with things. I'm looking forward to the day I write and say 'I'm very financially comfortable :) '
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us