Navigating high negative momentum

Discuss how you are using the Abraham-Hicks materials and teachings in your life. Your primary source of information on the Teachings should be the Abraham-Hicks materials: www.Abraham-Hicks.com -- there is a wealth of information made available there by Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham. Read the guidelines BEFORE posting. Ask yourself how your post feels before hitting "send". This Forum is not an official part of, nor owned or operated by Abraham-Hicks Publications.
Salamander89
Great Britain

Re: Navigating high negative momentum

Post by Salamander89 »

As well as meditation, and focus wheels, there was the going general process too.

Specific negative-General negative-General Positive-Specific positive? I think it was, I need refreshing. It's been a few years?? But I feel like returning to this....
Ad
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Post by Paradise-on-Earth »

So nice to see your appreciation and insight, Salamander! :hearts:

I would absolutely advice opening a practice-thread. I prefer to do it in the open on this Forum, as the energy is MUCH higher here. That does not mean you will get interaction- IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR IT, as nobody wants to be overbearing or disturbing you, which is really nice, imo. But sometimes you might get a compliment or a question, if something resonates especially with someone- which is REALLY nice as well.

But people WILL click your work and normally be uplifted or inspired to so something like it themselves, and some really live vicariously by the work of others, which is by far not as helpful as doing it themselves, but better than nothing... and all of this energy adds up and you can tap into it WHEN you are in appreciation of it.

Appreciation really is the key to what life brings to you! In ALL topics, ALL the time. Switch around from laundry lists of what is wrong to lists of appreciation- and your life will turn, on a dime.

To the go-general/go specific theme, Simon has posted this work-sheet "Going General Grid-work tips", here:
viewtopic.php?t=670
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:56 am So nice to see your appreciation and insight, Salamander! :hearts:

I would absolutely advice opening a practice-thread. I prefer to do it in the open on this Forum, as the energy is MUCH higher here. That does not mean you will get interaction- IF YOU DON'T ASK FOR IT, as nobody wants to be overbearing or disturbing you, which is really nice, imo. But sometimes you might get a compliment or a question, if something resonates especially with someone- which is REALLY nice as well.

But people WILL click your work and normally be uplifted or inspired to so something like it themselves, and some really live vicariously by the work of others, which is by far not as helpful as doing it themselves, but better than nothing... and all of this energy adds up and you can tap into it WHEN you are in appreciation of it.

Appreciation really is the key to what life brings to you! In ALL topics, ALL the time. Switch around from laundry lists of what is wrong to lists of appreciation- and your life will turn, on a dime.

To the go-general/go specific theme, Simon has posted this work-sheet "Going General Grid-work tips", here:
viewtopic.php?t=670
But how do you reach for appreciation when you are so used to being unhappy? Don't Abraham teach us that you can't reach for anything that is so far out of your vibrational range??I can focus on my cute little doggy, who I adore so much, but my attention then goes back to my dreaded dentist appointment or whatever crappy conditions.
Sorry I am honestly not trying to contradict you, this question is asked out of curiosity, and because I want to fine tune things so I can best apply the teachings....
book
Laos

Post by book »

You do it by meditating and raising your vibration and then immediately after completing the meditation, while you are still in the higher vibrational place, looking for things which are easy to appreciate and appreciating them. This means you are not going to try to appreciate your bad job or this woman you have a complicated relationship with. It means you will think about your favorite top, a relative / best friend you have an absolutely amazing relationship with, a fond memory from your past, your favorite physical feature about yourself if you think you are good looking...something like that.

You get off the subject which is loaded with negative emotions and you focus on topics you already feel good about and you appreciate those.
simon
Plus Member
Plus Member
Sweden

Post by simon »

Salamander89 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm But how do you reach for appreciation when you are so used to being unhappy? Don't Abraham teach us that you can't reach for anything that is so far out of your vibrational range??I can focus on my cute little doggy, who I adore so much, but my attention then goes back to my dreaded dentist appointment or whatever crappy conditions.
Sorry I am honestly not trying to contradict you, this question is asked out of curiosity, and because I want to fine tune things so I can best apply the teachings....
What you're wanting to do is not to try to jump to appreciation in one go, as that's not possible from a negative feeling place, it's too big of a jump.
You got to start where you are and in very small steps reach for a thought that feels slightly better. No other ulterior motive, other than in this now moment, find a way of shifting your focus that results in some emotional relief, and keep doing that.

As I said in my previous post, I can highly recommend (re)reading any Abraham Hicks book. Have you read Ask and it is Given? If not, I really would recommend that, and even if you have read it before, reading it again in different times can give you some more insight every time. I would recommend that as a starting point, and after that, try to find what is the easiest way you can find to feel better in any moment and make that a priority and keep feeling better until you eventually find yourself feeling good, and then you will also see things from a different perspective, more like the way your "inner being" sees things. But the most important thing is that you will be feeling good.
Salamander89
Great Britain

Post by Salamander89 »

simon wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:15 pm
Salamander89 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm But how do you reach for appreciation when you are so used to being unhappy? Don't Abraham teach us that you can't reach for anything that is so far out of your vibrational range??I can focus on my cute little doggy, who I adore so much, but my attention then goes back to my dreaded dentist appointment or whatever crappy conditions.
What you're wanting to do is not to try to jump to appreciation in one go, as that's not possible from a negative feeling place, it's too big of a jump.
You got to start where you are and in very small steps reach for a thought that feels slightly better. No other ulterior motive, other than in this now moment, find a way of shifting your focus that results in some emotional relief, and keep doing that.

As I said in my previous post, I can highly recommend (re)reading any Abraham Hicks book. Have you read Ask and it is Given? If not, I really would recommend that, and even if you have read it before, reading it again in different times can give you some more insight every time. I would recommend that as a starting point, and after that, try to find what is the easiest way you can find to feel better in any moment and make that a priority and keep feeling better until you eventually find yourself feeling good, and then you will also see things from a different perspective, more like the way your "inner being" sees things. But the most important thing is that you will be feeling good.
Thank you for your reply. I have read Ask and it is Given before, I have it on my shelve. But I think I'm going to take it off the shelf and start applying it. I'm actually quite excited about it! I am going to meditate and reach for better feeling thoughts, even though my reality is reflecting back crappy things.
Ad
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Salamander89 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm I can focus on my cute little doggy, who I adore so much, but my attention then goes back to my dreaded dentist appointment or whatever crappy conditions.
For me, I find what works best is trying to soothe the thing that's bothering me.
Say a dentist appointment is bothering me, I may get a worried thought pop up - so I soothe it:
- Even though I have this worry - In this moment right now all is well
- Maybe the things I'm worried about won't turn out quite that bad...
- I've been to the dentist before and I've survived it!
- Everything will be ok
- I can do this
- Things tend to work out
- This too will work out
- Maybe I can relax into this more..
- I can feel myself relaxing my shoulders.. breathing deeply.. that feels better...
- My cells are incredible - maybe they can heal this thing I'm going to the dentist about and then there won't be anything scary about the dentist visit at all! Wouldn't that be nice! I know twinges come and go.. maybe this one will go too. I would love to believe it's possible!
etc etc

I find that sometimes after soothing I feel a bit better, but often it doesn't stick for very long - the worry pops up again as if I didn't soothe (actually, for me, it often pops up again and again and again - sometimes even every 5 minutes if I'm very worried 😅) - so I have to repeat practising the soothing quite often until it starts sticking. Eventually it does stick if you persist. But it takes a lot of deliberate intention to keep soothing yourself!

You'll feel which soothing words resonate most with you - so go to those first as a quick-soothe if you don't have the time and patience to go through the whole long list of soothing phrases.
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

Salamander89 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 pm But how do you reach for appreciation when you are so used to being unhappy? Don't Abraham teach us that you can't reach for anything that is so far out of your vibrational range??
Of course you can!
You could appreciate that there are parts of your body that don't hurt.
Or that you have a roof over your head, and a fridge, that might even be filled with food.
You can appreciate that there is no war in your country (I hope, there really isn't!)

I don't want to sound mean, but the problem with people who "can't appreciate" (and I've been there and done it, too!) is indeed a lack of thankfulness for what is good in their life. When you think about it- that's not really a nice way to deal with the Goodness that IS in your life! It is, in a way, pretty complacent and entitled to judge things and people. What CAN come back as your "mirror-image", to this behaviour?

This is CREATING the unwanted, instead of being a part of the joyful solutions and the light on the planet, right? When you really WANT to be happy, you'll stop that. Just when you are really hungry, you'll start to eat what is on your plate, instead of mocking that it hasn't the perfect temperature or isn't decorated perfectly.

I would love if you could see that you are doing it all yourself to you! You are not appreciative, and so you do not get appreciated. You are miserable, and so- nothing beautiful can come to you. Don't you want to stop that? Once you GET IT that YOU are doing it to yourself, you WILL find the strength and the proper ways to stop what hurts you! :hearts:
I can focus on my cute little doggy, who I adore so much, but my attention then goes back to my dreaded dentist appointment or whatever crappy conditions.
Celebrate when you have really found something to appreciate and PRACTICE to NOT engage in looking at the unwanted. Go cold turkey on it. YOU CAN pull that off! I, per example, pulled myself out of a deep depression. It took me 3 years: I KNOW it is not easy! I KNOW it takes an awfully long time to re-learn. I KNOW it's sometimes 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. I KNOW, it hurts like hell to stop playing the victim card and owning what you did to yourself (and probably to others as well) and authentically regretting it, embracing shame and sorrow, and still doing the WORK to turn it around, step by tiny step, day by day. It feels a bit as dying (people say, your Ego dies, but that is nonsense. Only your bad habits die, and that is something good!) It feels as walking through fear, insecurity and shame. But, YOU CAN DO IT. Somewhen you come out in hope and in joyful expectation, and a soft happiness. And then, the path is open to bliss, freedom, power, love and clarity! Others did -so you can, too.
I absolutely believe you! :hearts:
Don't care for "best applying". Stop being arrogant, in this way! SIMPLY START the work as you think it COULD work. Dump "best". Celebrate "I try"! Do mistake after mistake, but get up each time again, dust yourself off, own what went wrong, and start again. You WILL find YOUR way, YOUR strength, YOUR joy, eventually- if you only dare to start. And when you slip- start again. And again.

I KNOW you can!
spiritualcookie
Great Britain

Post by spiritualcookie »

Paradise-on-Earth wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:44 pm Don't care for "best applying" (...) and SIMPLY START the work. Do mistake after mistake, and get up each time again, dust yourself off, and start again. You WILL find YOUR way, YOUR strength, YOUR joy, eventually- if you start.
I KNOW you can!
Yes! This! :hearts:

The phrase "Better done than perfect" comes to mind.
If we wait for figuring out the theory perfectly before starting to apply it, we spend a lot of time procrastinating actually starting the work. There is a lot to be said for learning as we go and figuring out what works best for us in practice.
Paradise-on-Earth
Plus Member
Plus Member
Germany

spiritualcookie wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:54 pm Yes! This! :hearts:

The phrase "Better done than perfect" comes to mind.
If we wait for figuring out the theory perfectly before starting to apply it, we spend a lot of time procrastinating actually starting the work. There is a lot to be said for learning as we go and figuring out what works best for us in practice.
:D Exactly! We have the saying, that someone will not go into the water, until they are perfect at swimming...

Again, nothing is meant to mock Salamander (or ANYONE who feels like crap under the shoe). :hearts: But pointing out how hard or even impossible this stuff is, will not change it one bit.
x
Please disable Adblocker to support us